They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Convert a PDF CD Label for Nero

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Convert a PDF CD Label for Nero

Postby videolady » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:37 pm

I have a PDF file that is a CD label. I cannot print from Adobe Reader (the pdf file) because my Epson Stylus CX3800 print properties window doesn't show any option to pick any kind of cd label pages (I have Fellows Neato cd labels that are 2 to a page). The pdf file just has 1 cd label ready artwork that looks like it will simply print in the middle of the page.

So, I am looking for a way to convert this pdf to a format that Nero will accept so I can make the cd labels. Or am I missing a step in the print properties window? Or is there another way that I can print this on cd label paper?

Karen
videolady
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Convert a PDF CD Label for Nero

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:40 pm

Hi Karen,
Premiere Elements or Photoshop Elements can convert the file to JPG, that should work.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby videolady » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:59 pm

Thanks, Chuck. I feel REALLY stupid. I tried opening it before in Photoshop Elements but the Import PDF window came up (of course I didn't know what to do with any of the settings so I just hit 'ok') and I got some kind of message saying the file was too big.

Anyway, I tried again just now and it worked fine.

Thanks!
videolady
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bobby » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:04 pm

videolady wrote:...I have Fellows Neato cd labels that are 2 to a page)...

But I absolutely, definitely, positively don't recommend using stick on labels. Been there, done that, introduces lots of errors. You are much better off with printable media or (uggh) LightScribe disks.

If you look around, you might be able to find a cheap printer to print the labels. Back when we (me and some of us around here) were looking, we were able to get Epson R220 refurbs pretty cheaply.

Try to avoid the labels if you at all can.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:11 am

bseidel wrote: .......(uggh) LightScribe disks.

Not a topic hijack, honest (but not about PDFs either). Tried Lightscribe for the first time a coupe of days ago. Had a mental image of crisp blacks. I can echo Bob's description; uggh! Huge disappointment with the result. Glad I only bought twenty LS DVDs. :(
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby momoffduty » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:51 pm

John 'twosheds' McDonald wrote:
bseidel wrote: .......(uggh) LightScribe disks.

Not a topic hijack, honest (but not about PDFs either). Tried Lightscribe for the first time a coupe of days ago. Had a mental image of crisp blacks. I can echo Bob's description; uggh! Huge disappointment with the result. Glad I only bought twenty LS DVDs. :(

To get the image crisper: try using a high contrast black & white image, open up the Lightscribe control panel and change the 'modify settings', and lastly choose best quality in the print box window.

Back to printing a disc topic: just got a new printer (things are breaking like crazy around here) an HP Photosmart D5460 that prints on discs. The software that came with it to design is very basic. What application does anyone recommend to design discs & print? Design in Photoshop and then print in Nero? Template? Thanks.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:11 pm

momoffduty wrote:To get the image crisper: try using a high contrast black & white image, open up the Lightscribe control panel and change the 'modify settings', and lastly choose best quality in the print box window.

Tried that. Still 'Uggh' I'm afraid. I really don't want to hijack this thread so (my fault) but no more postings here on Lightscribe from me.

momoffduty wrote:Back to printing a disc topic: just got a new printer (things are breaking like crazy around here) an HP Photosmart D5460 that prints on discs. The software that came with it to design is very basic. What application does anyone recommend to design discs & print? Design in Photoshop and then print in Nero? Template? Thanks.

I used to use Nero Cover Designer for disc labels and case inserts but since my experience with Nero 9 (you may recollect my post) I have moved onto this product which does all that I need:-

http://www.acoustica.com/cd-label-maker/index.htm
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Bobby » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:32 pm

Cheryl, I use Corel Draw. I have had that program around for literally decades now, but it is expensive and very high end for just that use.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:33 pm

The Acoustica looks very reasonably priced and the templates are impressive. Noticed there are lightscribe templates too.

Corel Painter Essentials 2 came free with my wacom, haven't used it...maybe there is a template in there?

With all of the things breaking lately, my budget for anything else is pretty slim to nil for now. Will try PSE3 & Nero first, my concern is getting the label matched up. Haven't tried it out yet.

Thanks for the suggestions!
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Return to Photoshop Elements