They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PSE 11 May Be a Keeper

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

PSE 11 May Be a Keeper

Postby George Tyndall » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:25 pm

After downloading the trial, here are some preliminary observations, in descending order of usefulness for what I do (edit my HD slides with either PSE7 or PS12 before using them to create slide shows with a combination of the PSE7 Slide Show Editor and PRE7):

--Guided Edit has vastly more features, some of which seem to work well, including the vignette tool, which should save me lots of time editing my portraits in comparison with the Kelby method, which involves a number of steps

--In both Guided and Expert Edit modes, the healing brush seems to work much better at covering eye bags and dark circles than the similar tools in PSE7 and PS12 (the version that comes with CS5.5)

--the Crop tool now has the Rule of Thirds and Golden Ratio options like PS12

Because editing each slide is by far the most tedious and time-consuming part of creating my slide shows, I'm planning to put the PSE11 trial through its paces to determine whether it will improve the speed of my work flow.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: PSE 11 May Be a Keeper

Postby Paul LS » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:42 am

You mention the vignette in Photoshop Elements, just to say that they have intoduced this feature in Premiere Elements 11. A nice feature... makes it very quick to set a vignette. That along with the Movie Looks allows for some nice moods to be achieved.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: PSE 11 May Be a Keeper

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:46 am

Great to hear your real world feedback, George!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Photoshop Elements