They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

More help with captions

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

More help with captions

Postby hiker48 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:10 pm

I got all of my captions changed to a smaller font in the editor, and also moved most of them to the lower left corner of the photos. When I send the slideshow to Premier Elements and burn it to DVD for viewing on tv, some of the captions have moved from the lower left corner. Do you have any idea why it does that, and if there is a way to make them stay where I put them? I'm not sure if this should be here, or in the Premier section. Thanks for any ideas you may have.
hiker48
New User
New User

Re: More help with captions

Postby Barb O » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:18 pm

My thought is that this problem with captions changing position after the slideshow is sent to Premiere Elements is better discussed under the Premiere Elements 8 subforum. However, don't worry about that: it can stay here for now and then be moved.

Why ? Because I think there is a potential for either the Premiere Elements Project Setting or the on/off status of "scale to frame size" to have an impact on your results with captions. Also because you have other questions in the PE 8 subforum, I think it will be more effective to have this question in the same subforum.

questions :
1 -- Do the photos for which the caption position WAS moved have different pixel dimensions than the photos for which the caption WAS NOT moved ? Were any of these photos portrait orientation photos (taller than wide) ?

2 -- Is this the same project as where you experienced the "stretched" photos ?
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby hiker48 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:05 pm

I resized all of my photos to 1000x750 as recommended. Yes, some are portrait. Yes this is the same project. I assumed I would need to be in the Photoshop Elements forum since that is what I am using to create the slideshow..........sorry. I am still confused as to what program does each piece of the project. Does the project remain in Photoshop Elements until it is "output to Premier Elements"? Or is the slideshow editor shared by both programs like the organizer is? I am trying to transfer from ACDSee which is one program that does everything, so I get confused about using 2 programs to do one project. I like some of the things Photoshop does better than ACDSee, but there is definitely a learning curve for me. Thanks!
hiker48
New User
New User

Postby Barb O » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:12 pm

sorry. I am still confused as to what program does each piece of the project. Does the project remain in Photoshop Elements until it is "output to Premier Elements"? Or is the slideshow editor shared by both programs like the organizer is?

I realize that this can be confusing -- you are not alone.
FYI - Historically (in earlier versions) the slideshow editor was part of Photoshop Elements. My experience has been that most people who use this slide show editor from Adobe have been working in Photoshop Elements doing editing of their photos and then decide to use this Slide Show Editor to make a video slideshow of their photos. Many people like the simple box method of doing pan and zoom that is provided in this slide show editor.

Since you are new to the Adobe Elements software, I wonder if you know that you could do a slide show totally within Premiere Elements ? It is not necessary to use this Slide Show Editor that you invoke from the Organizer. HOWEVER, I am NOT suggesting that you start over for this project. Instead, this info is a consideration for future projects.

Returning to the specifics of your current project
--
WHY do I suggest that all your questions about this project be in the Premiere Elements forum ? -- my primary reason is that because this is all one project, I think it will be better for all discussion to be in the same forum.

Concerning the learning curve --
I totally agree that there is a learning curve. I don't remember if you mentioned in your other threads if you have Steve Grisetti's book. I have found his books to be a great help. Earlier this year I recommended his Premiere Elements 9 book to someone who was new to Premiere Elements and her feedback was that it was very good and a great help to her.
Last edited by Barb O on Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corect typo
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby hiker48 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:59 am

Yes, I have Steve's book for Photoshop and Premier Elements 8. It is very helpful, but does not cover every little detail that I feel I need. I also like the pan and zoom feature and have been applying it to a few of my photos.
hiker48
New User
New User

Return to Photoshop Elements