They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

English national pastime...

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

English national pastime...

Postby peterb55 » Fri May 01, 2009 3:30 pm

Talking about the weather of course. So Brits please don't corrupt our American cousins, indulge only in an array of topics that steer clear of terms like 'rain and wet and cold'.

Who am I? Well a newby to communities on the web for a start. I joined muvipix just over a week ago with a major disaster around Encore and my first real project. The support has been brilliant. Likewise for my second post, resolved with a brand new camera (HMC151) arriving next Tuesday.

I am Peter Baylis (57) from London; I work long hours and often seven days a week as a professional photographer who has just celebrated 35 years shooting people. I have travelled the world, stayed a short while in more than a few countries and I am now looking to 'wind down, very slowly' and move into shooting video just for the heck of it. (I have a few good clients who pay me enough to indulge my new found hobby and who knows I may even get a few of them to commission me to shoot moving pixs).

Over the years I have photographed - film and rock stars to royalty and thousands of every day good people (just like me). I just love photographing people, especially ladies. People interest me and that is why I am looking forward to getting to grips with video, grading and DoF work, so I can let my stills imagination run riot and spill over into this medium. (Still got the enthusiasm of an 18 year old, pity I no longer have the body to go with it).

Looking forward to lots more posts here and as my specialty is photography; if I can help I am more than willing.

I do not have a URL to offer and would like to show some of my work in the hopes of inspiring youngsters to get into photography in all its fine forms (Mediator do you have a system to down load/attach A pic to a post, or even a small portfolio somewhere? Have to find time to explore full site.) I would like to attach my card (pdf), so 'pixers' can see where I hail from.

I look forward to staying in touch with youall. Missing you already.

Peter
peterb55
New User
New User

Re: English national pastime...

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri May 01, 2009 3:57 pm

Beautiful introduction, Peter!

Welcome to the friendliest forum in the world!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri May 01, 2009 4:12 pm

Hi Peter, glad to have you on board :)

The gallery has plenty of free space for you to post things, always enjoy seeing what other people do with a camera :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby JohnnyO » Fri May 01, 2009 6:55 pm

I work long hours and often seven days a week as a professional photographer who has just celebrated 35 years shooting people.

I hope you only shoot people with your camera :)

Welcome to the forum Peter.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bill Hunt » Fri May 01, 2009 7:37 pm

Peter,

Welcome to Muvipix. I think that while you were posting of your Encore problems, I was in your city, in the Mayfair area, as we are about twice per year. Had I known, we could have gathered for a pint and a looksee at your Encore Project.

John McDonald, from the UK, though now living in Italy, had given me some new pubs to scout out. Unfortunately, we had board meetings, and I did not have as much time, as was anticipated. That means that I still have a pub list to work on in October.

I too spent many decades in still photography, though most of my clients build little grey, or beige boxes, that I had to make look glamorous - IBM and HP. At a point early on, I went back to university and got a degree in cinematography. However, while putting my self back through college, I developed a client list for still work, and never really did that much in motion. Then, about six years ago, I got back into motion, but in video this time around. When I was in film school, video was captured on a studio camera onto 2" tape, and it looked horrible. Much has changed over those decades, and I feel like I've almost come full-circle.

Hope that your posts will only be to help someone, and not for any problems, though should they arise, this community is a great starting point.

Again, welcome, and I'll buy the first round, or two, come October,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron » Sat May 02, 2009 6:19 am

img0332
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron