They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Excited to be a new member here!

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

Excited to be a new member here!

Postby ESC in KC » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:53 pm

Hi everyone - I'm the lucky guy who won the free one-year membership earlier today. Very exciting for me to log in and see that I was (randomly) picked. :-D

I am a father of 2 high school kids living in the Kansas City area. I am really into photography and videography, and have enjoyed making team highlight videos for my kids sports teams the past few years. I am just wrapping up about a 100 hour project for the HS marching band, and will be distributing the DVDs to about 75 families in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to move to my next project, which will (again) be a softball team video. Doing the softball video is a lot of fun for me; especially because we premiere it on a big 10' screen at the season-end banquet with about 100 people in attendance. This is so much fun and the girls just love it. Very gratifying work. :)

If anyone cares to see any of my photography or even peek at a couple of video segments that I have online, feel free to stop by my smugmug site:

http://www.edinkc.smugmug.com

Thanks again for all of those that welcomed me here today. I will definitely be perusing these forums on a regular basis and hope to offer help to others when I can.

Cheers!

ESC
----------------------------------------
AMD X2 6000+ Dual Core CPU; 2 GB RAM; SATA HD's not in RAID; Windows XP Pro SP2; Adobe Master Collection Suite CS3; Canon HV20
ESC in KC
New User
New User

Re: Excited to be a new member here!

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:08 pm

Welcome ESC, glad you found our community :)

Marching Band, I love Marching Band ! I am planning on doing a Marching Band background and DVD template sometime this year.

I was a member of a very highly rated marching band in the 70's and 80's, the Crown Imperials and later the Imperial Scots.
Those were great times but we have hardly any video or audio, lots of pictures though.
The kids are very fortunate to have someone getting it all on tape and putting together a DVD, I would love to have one from when I played :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob D » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:38 pm

WOW. Very impressive work ESC.
Gateway DX4860 i5-2300 2.80GHz; 6GB Ram; Windows 7 Home 64-bit; 1.5 TB C-Drive, 150G F-Drive(video)
Bob D
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:04 am

Welcome onboard. Hope you enjoy the gift to its fullest.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Gooder » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:31 am

Very impressive videos, ESC! :)
I like your style and the videos are very steady, smooth camera work etc...

Interesting site you have there :)

How did you hear of Muvipix then?

Cheers,
Lee
HP Pavilion t540.se 2.8 GHz, 1GB DDR, 200GB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500. Internal HDD Seagate 250GB, External HDD WD My Book 300GB, Maxtor Basic 500GB. Sound card Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro! & 5.1 Surround Speakers!
Gooder
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:25 am

Very nice photography, ESC! I think you're going to love working with video, and we're looking forward to seeing more of your work.

If you've never worked with slideshows in Photoshop Elements/Premiere Elements before, you may want to check out my Steve's Tips articles for a few tips that can save you a lot of time and trouble in the long run. (Hey, now that you're a subscription member, it's free! ;) )

It's always fun seeing others' projects and watching our little community grow.

And congrats on being one of our prize winners! One of the many great privileges of seeing this site grow is the opportunity to give so much away to our supporters and friends.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Doreen L. » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:39 am

Welcome aboard!!! Very nice photos!
Dell XPS410 Duo Core, 4GB RAM, 2 360 gig hard drives, 1 500 gig external hard drive
http://tworiversailing.com/
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby JohnnyO » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:47 am

Yur photos are great!!. Welcome
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:41 am

Welcome to Muvipix! Great pictures!
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby ESC in KC » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:45 am

Chuck - thanks for the nice greets. I can't wait to see what you come up with on your marching band DVD background! I had a motion back from Encore CS3 I was going to use on my DVD -- that is until I saw the one with the spinning treble clef and music staffs available for download here! I put that in its place last night and really like the result. I'm really glad to have been asked to 'take over' this band DVD project. The folks that did it the past few years would gather a bunch of b-roll and hand it off to a local video editing house, that would then link together footage without any idea of who the kids were, what was going on etc., so it was not very personal in its approach. Also, considering the relatively low budget of the band for media, if they spent more than 6 or 7 hours on it I would be surprised. As we all know, that is only enough time to get a feel for what the footage contains!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with - I am working in hi-def but output video to SD DVD for now. Blu-ray is still not there yet in terms of price, but hopefully later this year.

Ed
AMD X2 6000+ Dual Core CPU; 2 GB RAM; SATA HD's not in RAID; Windows XP Pro SP2; Adobe Master Collection Suite CS3; Canon HV20
ESC in KC
New User
New User

Postby ESC in KC » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:59 am

Bob D - thanks for the welcome and for the nice comments on my pictures.

Vernon - thanks to you as well for the welcome. I do intend to enjoy the membership to its fullest!

Gooder - I appreciate the kind words on my videos and photos. I found the website when searching for a solution to a video editing issue with Premiere Pro CS3. I posted here and was very pleased with the postive responses. I used to hang out in the adobe forums but that has grown somewhat tiresome due to the few guys in there that tear people down for not knowing as much as they do -- and believe me, they want you to know that they know a lot! ;)

Steve - thanks for looking at my photos and the nice welcome. I do very much enjoy doing slideshows in my videos - that is actually one of my favorite parts since I get to combine my photography with the video work! I used to use After Effects to pan and scan, but now with the built in motion keyframing in premiere pro, I can do it in a snap. I haven't had a chance yet to look through the tutorials, but I will definitely be doing so in the near future.

Doreen and Johnny - you are kind to have taken the time to look at the photos and welcome me here. Seems like I have found a great group in muvipix!

Cheryl - thankyouverymuch!

Ed
ESC in KC
New User
New User

Postby Jayell » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:20 pm

Welcome aboard, ESC. Just glanced through your website quickly. Great photos! I love the ease of getting from one place to another .. photos come up quickly. Great site.
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby ESC in KC » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:38 pm

jayell wrote:Welcome aboard, ESC. Just glanced through your website quickly. Great photos! I love the ease of getting from one place to another .. photos come up quickly. Great site.

Thanks for taking a look at the site jayell.

I am very pleased with the smugmug website functionality and service. I switched over to the pro account for a few months last year and sold photos to families of the softball team to help raise funds for booster club. It was an excellent interface for sales and when we had a problem with one of the orders, excellent customer service directly to the buyer from smugmug.

ESC
ESC in KC
New User
New User

Postby Kerrie » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:28 pm

Hi Ed, welcome to the Muvipix Community! I love this site, I learn so much here!

You have a great photo/video site! Enjoyed watching the softball videos!
Kerrie

Dell Vostro Laptop; 2.2 GHz, core 2 duo, 2 gig ram, 2x160 gig 7200 rpm HDs
Kerrie
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby ridon127 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:57 pm

very nice gallery, I just skimmed thru it but plan to look into it more when I have more time.
Congratulations on the big win.. This is really a great place and lots of very talented people who are so willing to help..Hope you enjoy!!!!
Donna
Go out and make it a great day. The choice is yours!
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Next

Return to Introductions