They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

It took me 3 years

A place to introduce and tell a little about yourself.

It took me 3 years

Postby JohnnyO » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:27 pm

3 1/2 years ago I was outgrowing Sonic MyDVD. I started doing reasearch and was excited to find out thet Adobe would be releasing Premiere Elements, based on Premiere Pro. I was already a very happy user of Photoshop Elements.
I have been using the software since November 2004. My first project was a learning experience, since this software was nothing like MyDVD. This DVD came out exceptionally well. It was the start of my infactuation with video editing. I have purchased every version (the bundle with Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements) since then. By far I think PE4 is the best.
I started mionitoring the forum in 2004. I was always very entertained to see posts from some folks such as Sergio, if you all remember him. I learned so much just monitoring the forum. I did join later in 2004.
I live right in the center of New Jersey, in a town called Hillsborough (about 5 miles from Princeton). I have a lovely wife who is studying to become a school teacher, and 2 kids. My Daughter is 8. She like cheerleading, soccer and basketball. My Son is 6, and he also play soccer. And he just got his Green Belt in Taikwando.
We also have a new addition to the home, a Shih Tzu puppy. This was a Christmas gift for the kids. This is going to be the most spoiled dog ever.
I work in Project Management in a telecom company. I have a master degree in Electrical Engineering. I moved into software development about 10 years ago. I have been doing project management for about 5 years now.
I like to ski and ride my bicycle. In the summer, I like to "go down the shore" and spend some time on the beach and boardwalks.
My biggest hobby is taking family photos and video and making DVD productions out of them. I also make DVD productions for family weddings, vacations and anniversaries. My DVDs also look great since I purchased the Epson Photo R220.
I just became a moderator and I look forward to helping folks on this forum if I can. I plan to share some of my experiences in PE4 very soon. I specifically want to share my experiences with the new title effects, and the Organizer. I have learned that these are 2 of the best new features in PE4, as long as you know how to work with them.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: It took me 3 years

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:17 pm

Hi Johnny,
Very happy to have you here, I know you will be a huge help to many people :)
Thanks for being a part of muvipix !
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:49 pm

Nice to finally and formally be introduced to you Johnny, after all these months of working together on the forums!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Wheat King » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:02 pm

Hello JohnnyO
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Doreen L. » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:57 pm

Hey neighbor and welcome aboard. Boy, do I remember Sergio. He was a very knowledgeable guy but he did have his opinions.

I'm sure I've past through Hillsborough at one time or another on the way to Flemington. You probably head down to the Point Pleasant area. I'm a little further up in Middletown, close to Red Bank and the Navesink River. I love the shore.

I'm sure you're going to be a great addition to the moderator team.
Dell XPS410 Duo Core, 4GB RAM, 2 360 gig hard drives, 1 500 gig external hard drive
http://tworiversailing.com/
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:36 pm

Welcome Johnny O. Great to have you on the board. Looking forward to learning together.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby JohnnyO » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:18 am

Doreen:
We almost bought a house in Middletown. My company had an office in Navesink and I was hoping to work there. I'm not sure if they still have it with all the downsizing that went on. We have ridden our bikes on Sandy Hook many times. It is a nice area.
Yes - we usually go down to Point Pleasant Beach. We start the season on the day before Easter and buy season tickets for half price. Once a year my parents take us all down to Island Beach State park, and we go to the boardwalk at Seaside for the evening. My whole family loves it at the shore.
I know you talk about your boat often. I used to have a power boat. I kept it in Bayville. I did a lot of waterskiing back then in Toms River, Barnegat Bay, and even occasionally in the Ocean (on a really calm day). Someday I plan to get a boat again. maybe next time I will get a sail boat like you have. (I think that is what you have)
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob D » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:06 am

Welcome JohnnyO to moderation!

And I remember Sergio as well. He sure made for a lively
conversation
. I wonder where he ended up?
Gateway DX4860 i5-2300 2.80GHz; 6GB Ram; Windows 7 Home 64-bit; 1.5 TB C-Drive, 150G F-Drive(video)
Bob D
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:15 am

I think about Sergio often, it was him and Steve that really helped me get started.
It would be great to know what he is doing now?

This is definitely him, maybe he will pop in some time, it would be great to hear from him again.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/sergiodeoliveira

Here is his website, including a picture!
http://www.coroflot.com/SergioDeOliveira
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Introductions