They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

muvipix Changes Coming... Part 2

Any updates to our site, contest information or noteworthy announcements will be posted here.

muvipix Changes Coming... Part 2

Postby Ron » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:56 pm

Well, the time has come that we must restructure our subscription plans. The product database has grown immensely in the past year or so and we will need to upgrade our servers soon. Consequently, this means that our subscription rates will have to compensate for these upgrades. The Team put their heads together and we've come up with a pretty good plan that may alleviate hesitations (if there are/were any) on subscribing to our digital downloads.

Sometime in September we'll offer an option of 3 different subscription plans:

• $49.95 - Learning Basic ~ quarterly non-auto-renew subscription to Tutorials/Articles/Steve's Tips
  • $69.95 - Media Basic ~ quarterly non-auto-renew subscription for unlimited access to our Music, Templates & Motion Backgrounds
  • $99.95* - Premiere ~ Annual auto-renew subscription for unlimited access to all of our digital downloads - this annual rate never changes as long as the subscription remains in an "Active" status and can also be canceled any time

*All current subscribers are automatically enrolled in the Premiere plan and your price will never change as long as your subscription remains "Active"! So, consider the current (for a limited time) $49.95 a great deal and if you haven't yet joined, get it while you can! (As an example of our rate policy; Our charter members from the beginning of this site's inception pay only $29.95 every year - bargain is an understatement as time goes by)

We found that many subscribers joined, downloaded several items, then never returned after about the first few months. This new plan will give some the option to essentially "test drive" our products before they commit to an annual subscription. Due to the nature of our site and how it works, any other "trial period" would not be practical (i.e., offering free access for a time).

More muvipix Gallery space for your stuff:

• Premiere subscribers quota increases to 300MB
  • Learning and Media Basic subscribers are allotted 200MB
  • Forum Registered User's (no subscription involved) quota will be 100MB

We will also have a couple of new quasi-sub-categories:

• The "Quick Tip" Video Tutorial - numerous quick videos that concentrate on very specific tasks (some known, some not so well known) and will not be for sale - only available to subscribers (Learning Basic & Premiere)

• Muvipix Tips (can't elaborate right now) - again, not for sale and only available to subscribers.
And of course, lots of "New Stuff", a few surprises that we're pretty excited about (can't elaborate right now), subscription giveaways and free stuff.

As always, thanks again for your support!!

More to come...
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: muvipix Changes Coming... Part 2

Postby sidd finch » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:44 pm

Hi Ron,

Looks like a cool plan indeed. Just wondering why the Adobe Acrobat logo was used on the title page?

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Ron » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:16 pm

sidd finch wrote:Just wondering why the Adobe Acrobat logo was used on the title page?

So people would ask "why the Adobe Acrobat logo was used on the title page".

Seriously, it should all come together soon --- more or less :mrgreen:
Regards,
-Ron

Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sidd finch » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:13 pm

Hmmmm....as tight as they are on their own property (logos and such) I would venture a guess that the Great Adobe will have a more active role in the near future.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Paul LS » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:36 am

Or Muvipix a more active role in Adobe!!! :???:
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby JRjr » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:59 am

Well, I had a good scare this morning... almost jumped out of my seat. I saw the new rates beginning in September for the 3 annual subscrptions, and read EACH "$" sign as a "5" instead! :-8 I thought I'd better get in, finally at the $49.95 rate ASAP!

Well, so it's NOT going to be $599.95 dollars a year after all \:D/. Now THERE'S a thought! But it's past time I joined in any case. I've held off simply because I spend more time thinking about doing something than actually doing it, as I can't seem to manage my time as effectively as I should. I keep thinking I'll join "as soon as" I sit down and seriously start and finish something. :lol:

But one question: for the automatic renewal, I will be charged to my "Paypal account." I'm not sure how this works. I use Paypal for various charges now and then, but the charge is carried over to my credit card... I don't actually "keep" any money in Paypal until I'm going to use it.

How will this work with the automatic annual charge?

Thanks.

JRjr
JRjr

Postby Ron » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:33 am

Usually in a PayPal account, your funding source is verified (in your case a credit card - mine is a bank account) and when the renewal takes place, the money is extracted form your PayPal account and your funding source is charged (and debited) a day or so later. In some cases, however, and I haven't figured out the exact circumstance, PayPal will generate an E-Check which pays the party, but doesn't clear until the payment source is satisfied. This may be personal accounts that don't have anything verified yet (address, bank account, phone number, etc). Because you don't need to verify, but it's highly recommended for smooth transactions.

Either way, it's pretty simple. And we send out renewal reminders now. I believe PayPal is in the process of making this an auto option.
Regards,
-Ron

Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sidd finch » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:06 am

Ron, Since my subscription was a prize I won How do I renew?

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Ron » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:38 am

Sent you a PM with details!
Regards,
-Ron

Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JRjr » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:19 am

Ron wrote: ...Either way, it's pretty simple. And we send out renewal reminders now. I believe PayPal is in the process of making this an auto option.

Yes, it was, once I saw that I needed to update my Paypal account's credit card info. I use the account rarely and forget the particulars, even that I DO have an account.

Anyway, it's said and done and looking forward to browsing and using the many resources here. :bounce: Thanks.

JRjr
JRjr

Postby Doreen L. » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:40 am

Hey, we're a community now instead of a forum!!! =D>
Dell XPS410 Duo Core, 4GB RAM, 2 360 gig hard drives, 1 500 gig external hard drive
http://tworiversailing.com/
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Helen » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:04 pm

I noticed that we are a community and not a forum now. Very nice
Helen
Helen
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby ridon127 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:44 pm

I go to work and come home to a change.. See what happens when you are away....Looks great!!!!!! \:D/
Donna
Go out and make it a great day. The choice is yours!
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Wheat King » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:09 pm

I like the Did you know section... for instance Did you know... that you could send e-cards of images in the gallery to friends and relatives. Don't know if it's new or not but never would have know if it weren't for the the "Did you know!" Nice!
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:43 am

Jamal, have to look for the did you know section. Thanks.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Next

Return to Announcements