They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Premiere Elements 4 Stuff

Any updates to our site, contest information or noteworthy announcements will be posted here.

Re: Premiere Elements 4 Stuff

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:28 pm

Paul, I downloaded the file and imported into v4 but all I got was audio.
This might be due to the project just being standard NTSC, what type of project should I be using?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Gerry » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:59 pm

Bob D wrote:BUT... I don't ever recall anyone asking that the video and audio track be paired! I'm sure I will get used to it, but I don't recall it ever being a request.

Chuck or Steve -- do you have any idea what the rationale was for pairing the video and audio that way?
Dell XPS 8500 desktop w/ Intel i7-3770 CPU @ 3.4ghz / 22 gigs RAM / Radeon HD7570 1g dedicated video memory/ PrEl 11 & 9 / Photoshop and Illustrator CS5 / After Effects CS4 / Olympus OM-D E-M5 DSLR (1080i HD video)

Time is money, life is change.
Gerry
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Briantho » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:30 am

Chuck Engels wrote:I have seen conflicting reports as to whether AVCHD is supported or not. I do know that the JVC Everio MOD files are now suppose to be supported for sure.
Paul, do you have a small file you could send me to test with? I could give you a FTP site to upload it to if that would be easier.

Ah! My daughter has just bought a JVC Everio GZ-MG505 and we all agreed they should use 16:9. However, when importing the MOD files everything becomes severely squished. Is this the problem that is being seen elsewhere? Thanks in advance.
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:32 am

Chuck, you would need to use the AVCHD file in a "HDV 1080i 30" preset.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:33 am

Brian, regarding your squished files you need to click on the clip in the Media Bin and select Interpret Footage and then in Pixel Aspect Ratio select Conform To and select the widescreen preset.

Maybe they fixed this in PE4.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:08 am

Gerry, I do see a couple of really nice advantages for pairing the audio and video tracks.

In previous versions, have you ever tried to place a video clip on Video 2 and the audio track isn't quite sure where to go, if you've already got something on Audio 1? With the new system, you don't have to worry about that.

Meantime, I'm curious. I saw a tiny screenshot of Premiere Pro CS3 and it looked like it was using the paired tracks timeline also. Can anyone confirm that? It could just be the way things are going.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Wheat King » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:18 am

At first I was thinking I'm not sure about this paired audio video track thing but the more I think about it the more it makes sense. Especially since you have audio tracks still dedicated to narration and soundtrack. Having these two tracks and audio paired together can reduce some confusion on the timeline.

Question. Can you still delete or remove audio tracks that are paired (that have nothing in them)? I like my timeline as clean as possible if I'm not using a track I want to remove it to save space and from scrolling up and down.
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:22 am

You certainly can, Jamal.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby UKPal » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:45 am

Questions, questions, so many questions! Hehe!

Haven't seen USB microphone input mentioned. Chuck/Steve - d'ya know if they're supported in V4?

Thanks guys.
UKPal
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Briantho » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:11 am

Paul LS wrote:Brian, regarding your squished files you need to click on the clip in the Media Bin and select Interpret Footage and then in Pixel Aspect Ratio select Conform To and select the widescreen preset.

Maybe they fixed this in PE4.

Thanks Paul! That's certainly cleared up the squishing BUT I still have the other problem (not mentioned here previously) of random distortions appearing every 5 to 20 seconds or so. Had this been a tape based camcorder I'd have cleaned the heads - it's small sections of the image shifting a few pixels left or right or remaining on screen for a few extra frames when the rest of the video has moved on. Am I making sense? Perhaps it's something to do with the way PE3 works with MPGs?

The latest trial versions of Cyberlink PowerDirector and Ulead v11 don't have this problem although there are other issues with the latter that are making me look seriously at PowerDirector IF Elements 4.0 produces the same distortions. Fortunately my daughter isn't putting me under pressure to make a recommendation just yet!
24" iMac. 17" MBP. FCPX and a little bit of Premiere Pro. Nine recent Panasonic HD camcorders. Many (but never enough) terabytes of external storage...
Briantho
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:15 am

I don't remember any conversation during the beta about USB microphones and I don't have one to test with.
Plus, we are still on the last beta and I know that they have made changes since then (mostly bug fixes I'm sure).
The product that ships is always a little different from the last one we get to see during testing so you never know what they might decide to add at the last minute.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:29 am

Paul LS wrote:Chuck, you would need to use the AVCHD file in a "HDV 1080i 30" preset.

Thanks, that is what I figured but wanted to be sure. I will test it again tonight.

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to Announcements