They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Jerkiness in slide show - help!

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Jerkiness in slide show - help!

Postby Doreen L. » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:38 pm

I've uploaded a slide show I did in PE2 for my vacation video. If you look at it, there are areas when panning is jerky (it starts about 50 seconds or so into the video and continues on certain slides). Why am I getting this? Is my processor too slow? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Slideshow

Edit by Ron : Fixed link to video
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:03 pm

Sorry, Doreen. I'm not seeing any jerkiness when I watch your WMV file.

Is that what you're judging, by the way? The Windows Media file? Remember, that WMV files use only about 14 frames per second, so lots of movements look a bit jerky in WMV though not in other outputs.

If you're seeing flickering or wobbling in the photos themselves when you output, it's just an interlacing issue. You can get rid of this by right-clicking on each photo, selecting Field Options, then Flicker Removal.

Gorgeous photography by the way!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Wheat King » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:07 pm

Perfect Picture to end on Doreen! :thumbup: and good timing of the slides. I saw the little skip you mentioned at the 50 sec mark but didn't notice it anwhere else. I'll watch it again later... When you were doing your encoding did you have everythign turned off so that the encoding process wasn't getting interupted?
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Doreen L. » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:15 pm

After I read both your responses, I decided to take a look at it on the kids' computer. And it was much better.

So now I have to figure out if this three year old computer is just getting old or is it something else.

Thanks guys!
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby happy2bapappy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:52 am

Sorry Doreen, I was too spell bound watching your show to notice anything amiss.

I agree with everything that's been said already, stunning photography and excellent cadence! :-D

The only thing I would add is that I love your choice in music too.
happy2bapappy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby ed » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:04 am

You really did a good job pannig through the images in a way that kept it interesting. I liked how the pans would change direction at times. I did notice a slight hesitation or jerk on a few of the pans, but probably only because I was looking for them. It didn't detract at all from the slide show in my opinion.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Doreen L. » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:20 am

Thanks to all of you for your kind words.

We were all facinated with the cruise ships coming and going. There were close to 20 of them during our six days in St. Thomas. BTW, I love St. Thomas. It's been almost 20 years since we've been there (stopped there on our honeymoon cruise) and it hadn't changed all that much. The only thing I didn't like was driving (not that I drove - let the husband deal with it) on the left side but the steering wheel was on the left. You really had to 'think' when making a right or left. #-o
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:47 pm

(UK bias so tongue firmly in cheek...)

Driving on the left is the natural way of the world. It is all you folk driving on the right that have got it wrong. No wonder there are so many accidents with people being on the wrong side of the road :-)
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:07 pm

John, In Atlanta they drive on whatever side they want, don't use turn signals and pay no attention to the speed limit, always a challenge driving here :iroc:
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Doreen L. » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:59 pm

Well, what made it sooo confusing was that the steering wheel was on the American side, so to speak. My husband spent a lot of time in England last Winter and he felt that was easier to get used to and be aware over there because you're on the other side of the cabin. With this half and half thing in St. Thomas, you just naturally wanted to go to the right (no pun intended) side of the road.
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Driving on the left is hard?

Postby William Tranter » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:40 pm

When we went on a caravan holiday in Europe last year, we were driving on the right with a right-hand drive car. I didn't have any problems, though I had to think about where you were going when approaching a roundabout. My wife Maisie wasn't too happy seeing all the cars on the other side of the road approaching her apparently head-on, but she got used to it eventually, and we had a lovely holiday.
Loved your video of photographs, very imaginative with good choice of music. Glad I'm not on one of the ships, though - all the organised activities and EATING would drive me nuts!
Bill
William Tranter
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Showcase