They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Bill Tranter New Intros

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Bill Tranter New Intros

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:15 am

Bill Tranter had gotten some help from Steve at the Adobe forum and came up with this efffect
http://www.muvipix.com/cpg/displayi ... p?pos=-222

He has also uploaded anther great intro too....

Thanks for sharing Bill!
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Wheat King » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:51 pm

The first effect look fantastic!. That is exactly the effect I was looking for here! Going to give this technique another shot.
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:13 pm

Noticed the date on the intro Bill. You are an organized man... wish I was that good. :roll:
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Being prepared

Postby William Tranter » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:27 pm

Because my wife and I are away on caravan holidays so much, we don't have a lot of time to edit our holiday videos, so getting the intros and titles done before we go gives me a flying start.
I try to have a different 'theme' to each video - for example, on one holiday last year I used a time lapse facility I have on my laptop, and so I was able to get lots of fantastic cloudscapes where the clouds race across the sky. Since we were on Dartmoor at the time, the effects were stunning.
As for the dates, we are members of the Camping & Caravanning Club, and we book well ahead to ensure we get a good pitch at each site. So far for this year, we have April, May and June pretty well fully booked, though September and October are still free (for the time being!). We don't go away in the second half of July and all of August because this is the high season when prices go sky-high.
All the best,
Bill :roll:
William Tranter
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Ric » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:33 pm

Bill that first intro was very good. How were you able to make that?
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

The first intro

Postby William Tranter » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:50 pm

I used 6 video timelines - the bottom one left blank because it overlapped the intro, so on track 2 was the map. Above that (track 3) was a white matte, set to about 60% transparent. Track 4 was a 'disabled' (so it was invisible) track matte made in the Titles part of PE1 which then affected the white matte track, giving me the 'holes' in the white matte. Above that (track 5) was the video of the compass (set on a tripod and controlled remotely), and my wife moved a magnet near the compass to make it swing. Because the compass was sitting on a green background (actually a green two-ring binder!), I was able to 'green screen' the clip, getting rid of the green background and so superimposing the compass on the underlying map. Track 6 was the title text.
The holes, because they highlight where we will be going, show viewers the areas where the National Trust properties are. This will become more clear when the video is made and I can explain things to my viewers in the voice-over.
Hope that helps,
Bill :)
William Tranter
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby ed » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:00 pm

That looks great!
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Maxine370 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:30 pm

Love the intro logo on the Cotswold video. Mind sharing the technique on that (the moving flared glow behind the logo)
Happy Editing,

Beth
Maxine370
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Glow effect

Postby William Tranter » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:17 am

Beth, the program is called "Shine" by a firm by the name of "Trapcode", and when I bought it over the internet, it cost me ?60 for the download, very expensive I know, but very classy!

I downloaded it to my 'Downloads' file so that I would always have the original software, then copied the program to the following:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Premiere Elements 1.0\Plug-ins\en_US

and when you run PrEl, it appears as an Effect under the word 'Trapcode'. I would think that the effect would also run on PrEl v.2, but I'm not so sure about PrEl v.3, since this version seems to be very different from versions 1 and 2.

Try looking up "Trapcode" in Google, because I can't remember where I found it originally, though it most probably was in our Forum!

Lots of luck with your videos (which are just brilliant, of course!),
Bill :-D
William Tranter
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:41 am

That is exactly what Jamal needs too
http://www.trapcode.com/products_shine.html
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Wheat King » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:54 am

That effect is sooo tempting to buy! MAybe someday I'll make the investment. Their other stuff looks pretty powerful too!

Jamal
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Showcase