They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Grandfather Mountain

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Grandfather Mountain

Postby Ron Hunter » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:41 pm

Last month I took two of my boys to two popular NC tourist attractions, Grandfather Mountain and Linville Falls. Grandfather's claim to fame is a "mile high swinging bridge". We had a great time and I shot some video while there.

Let me know what you think:

Desktop: HPE-580T, i7-950 (3.07GHz), 16GB RAM, Win'7 64-bit Home Premium, PSE12/PRE12, Lightroom 5.
Laptop: MacBook Pro (retina), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5.
Cameras (in use): Panasonic GH4/Canon HFR400/Canon HV30, GoPro HD Hero2.
Ron Hunter
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Grandfather Mountain

Postby Dave McElderry » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:52 pm

Nice vid Ron! I was hoping to see a shot looking down from the bridge, but I understand not wanting to lose any equipment. As I'm sure I've mentioned to you before, North Carolina is a favorite destination of ours. Been to Linville Falls while traveling the BRP. A very pleasant little hike to a great view. Thanks for the memories. :-5
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:05 pm

I liked that video Ron. The panoramic views looked really good. What beautiful scenery. I was also thinking.... Is he going to shoot looking down... Then I saw what was coming over the bridge and realized there was not too much room. No need to be looking down and get popped from behind and there goes the camera. In the Words of Mr Bill: Ooooohhhh Nooooooo

On the bright side I bet you could find some cool camera gear at the bottom under the bridge... :)

I also thought how cool it was that your son had lenses in his pockets walking along. That must be the ultimate feeling. To have your son take a shared interest in one of Dad's hobbies. Very cool.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby _Paz_ » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:13 pm

40! Is anyone counting the number of people on that bridge at any one time??? 40

Whew! What beautiful views. Brought back memories of The Last of the Mohicans with Daniel Day Lewis and Madeline Stowe. Makes me want to see the Smokies for myself too.

You know you're not going to be far from the upcoming total solar eclipse next summer, right?
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:41 am

Smooth walking on the bridge Ron. Did you notice most people are looking straight ahead? I thought the music sounded familiar. I planned on using it in a project, but the composer does not allow. You may want to swap out the audio. From the composer's page:

LEGAL NOTE: Under the terms of CC-BY-NC-ND license, this music is free only for personal listening and cannot be used in videos of ANY KIND, unless you have a written permission. It does not matter if your project is non-commercial, or the song is not altered at all.

If you would like to use this music in your project, personal or professional, please contact me to obtain a license or use Jamendo PRO.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Ron Hunter » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:17 am

Patrice you are right, NO ONE counts the number of people on that bridge.

Thanks for the heads-up on the audio Cheryl, but I just checked the Jamendo page again and found the following:
jamendo graphic.jpg

This message contradicts what you found so I am confused as to how to proceed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Desktop: HPE-580T, i7-950 (3.07GHz), 16GB RAM, Win'7 64-bit Home Premium, PSE12/PRE12, Lightroom 5.
Ron Hunter
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:27 am

The notice is on the Album page. There is only 1 track on the album. I didn't catch this at first either. I now check all composers' album pages.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:43 am

Maybe Ron has Jamendo Pro :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:49 pm

Creative Commons has six different licenses. The one specified on both Ron and Cheryl's cited pages is "CC BY-NC-ND" which is the most restrictive license and allows no commercial or derivative work. This is a musical work, using it in a video would be considered a derivative work. So, you can't use it without additional licensing. Here's the CC BY-NC-ND license legal code.
Bob

Postby Ron Hunter » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:05 am

OK, this leads me to think that no song on Jamendo can be used. I'll remove the video and replace the audio, and I'll also avoid that site in the future.
Ron Hunter
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Peru » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:44 pm

as long as they credit you

This seems to be the common denominator of all the licenses.
Peru

Postby Peru » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:58 pm

Ron-

You may want to have a look here:
https://www.audioblocks.com/join/

You can download a lot of music in a year. ;)
http://support.audioblocks.com/customer ... ownloaded-

http://support.audioblocks.com/customer ... s/articles

I had a one year subscription to VideoBlocks before they separated out the music to a different membership. I was able to download about 8,000 video and audio items in that time.

After about two weeks of downloading, my account was suspended and I received a phone call from them. It seems that they thought I was a bot and said that I was their "most aggressive client". They did, however, restore my account since I did not violate their terms and was just taking advantage of "unlimited downloads."
Peru

Postby momoffduty » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:38 pm

Peru wrote:
I had a one year subscription to VideoBlocks before they separated out the music to a different membership. I was able to download about 8,000 video and audio items in that time.

After about two weeks of downloading, my account was suspended and I received a phone call from them. It seems that they thought I was a bot and said that I was their "most aggressive client". They did, however, restore my account since I did not violate their terms and was just taking advantage of "unlimited downloads."

Holy Smokes Batman! I had no idea that Peru was a bot! ;)
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby momoffduty » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:44 pm

Ron, I think the composer wants to be asked permission for personal use. Another composer on Jamendo had a very lax cc license that I used his track on a personal piece. I was invited to submit something for a film festival and before I used the track for that purpose I contacted the composer and he said no problem. A Soundcloud friend composer has let me use his track before. He had no problem with people using it for personal videos, but he found out a few of his tracks had been used for commercial purposes and he was not paid. He had to disable the download buttons to prevent theft. He was kind enough to DropBox me the full quality track. And a long time ago, I asked a composer for his track on iCompositions and was very happy to oblige.

A very good source is the Vimeo Music store. I get tracks often and at only $1.99 per project very reasonable.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:46 pm

Hey, what a perfect music !!!
You have certainly had a lot of fun !
The long shoot following Joshua is - imho - a great piece of work, I have liked a lot the trembling shake at 1:01.
The twinkling melody from 2:51 is perfect for describing the magic of the forest.
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Next

Return to Showcase