They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Festival of Nations - St. Louis

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Festival of Nations - St. Louis

Postby momoffduty » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:23 am

One of my favorite festivals. With over 100 food vendors from many countries, live entertainment on several stages, a park setting, well just too much fun. This was filmed on a Sony RX100iii. I like the size of the camera and is lightweight. It isn't as conspicuous as a DSLR. In real life I am on the shy side & quiet. Funny with a camera in my hand I have no problem talking to people or asking if I can video their coconut :-D There is a shot of a dog with dreadlocks and doesn't quite show in the video. Poor pup, way too hot!

The dancer at the end goes by Dance of Life. There is a documentary coming soon titled Dancer. The teaser video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnkmvkN7uyw

aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Re: Festival of Nations - St. Louis

Postby sidd finch » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:45 am

Ohhh my Gosh that was great. What is the music? It really made the video work well. As I was watching I burst out laughing because in my head I was thinking....all those people when ...do we get to see the feet....then BAM at 1:57 feet du jour =D> I then wondered will Dad make an appearance? Could they get his contract worked out. Does he really want only yellow M&M's in his trailer... and then sure enough I counted at least 3 Dad sightings. .phew

Did you use a monopod? the shots of the food vendor?

So the video left me hungry and wishing they did something like that out here.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:50 am

Somebody please remind me to watch this later ....
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:59 am

Chuck watch this later. I make a cameo appearance with my camera and gimbal at the end of the video: :YY:

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:49 pm

:CS: Who knew Sidd was such a free spirit! Watching the dancer I was thinking Grey Gardens-esque. The documentary should be interesting.

No monopod. With the small Sony it is easier for me to hold steady. Feet firmly planted, elbows tucked in and the camera with 2 hands about 20 degrees. I did stabilize about a dozen clips in post.

Yes, Mr. Dad needs a new contract. He now wants more screen time. He also is directing me about get this shot or that shot or did I get the feet shot yet. He does like it when I take the Sony because I think he was getting tired of carrying my DSLR gear. The only thing he has to carry for me is a water bottle.

The food was too too good with more than enough choices. Really hard to decide. This year I went with Vietnamese food. Last year was Peruvian. Mr. Dad gets the same thing every year, Mexican. His favorite restaurant has a booth and they give him extra!
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:04 pm

This was filmed on a Sony RX100iii

The camera really takes nice video and it is always easer than trying to lug the big camera around. The DSLR is the superior camera but sometimes you just want blend in and record. DSLR's make that hard to do.

Glad to see Mr Dad is getting involved. With a nice wireless mic I bet he could do a pretty good Rick Steves in that type of setting.

I am still hungry.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:09 pm

Fun! Wish we had something like that around here. I think that black lab was overheated too. I wanted to get the poor thing some cool water. Not too sure about the Dance of Life guy. :eek:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby momoffduty » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:17 am

Dave, I saw too many dogs that day overheated. One was a yellow lab that was lying in the middle of the pathway. The owner was giving it water and the poor dog couldn't lift his head. Poor pup! I don't know why you would bring your dog out on such a hot day! The dancer was a free spirit, vaudeville perhaps?

Sidd, I am very happy with the Sony video. I use a SDXC card to tap into the XAVC format at 50/mbps. It shoots 120 fps in 720p. The new RX100iv shoots 120 fps in 1080p. Here is a side by side comparison:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sony-cy ... c-rx100-iv

And there were more than 3 dad sightings!
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:22 pm

I use a SDXC card to tap into the XAVC format at 50/mbps

Is that format pretty easy to edit in Premiere? The quality just looks really clear and I have always liked the way Sony processes color. I think they boot the reds a bit.

And there were more than 3 dad sightings!

Ok I counted 7 Mr. Dad sightings for sure and one maybe Mr. Dad sighting, but the person was not in the shot too well.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:14 am

sidd finch wrote:
I use a SDXC card to tap into the XAVC format at 50/mbps

Is that format pretty easy to edit in Premiere? The quality just looks really clear and I have always liked the way Sony processes color. I think they boot the reds a bit.

Yes, easy to edit in PrPro. Bridge will not download the file so I use the Sony Play Memories for transfer. Bridge has no problem viewing the file. Regarding the reds, I didn't not notice that until you mentioned it. I did boost things slightly and here is a before and after. And yes, we have a winner! There are 7 Dad sightings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby videovillageidiot » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:15 pm

momoffduty wrote:And yes, we have a winner! There are 7 Dad sightings.

I hate to disagree, but...I counted 8 Waldo (uh, I mean Mr. Dad) sightings!!! I even have the (approximate) times noted:
:07
:24
1:02
1:44 (not to be confused with the ferrets - i think that's what those furry little critters are)
2:02
2:22
3:02
3:21

The video was fun to watch but, from the very start, I got caught up looking for Mr. Dad...just don't tell him or he'll ask for even MORE in his contract! :roll:

Hmmmmmmmm...I'm sensing an idea for a video share (not a contest - just a fun thing to do)...see how frequently (yet creatively) you can include a person, animal, or other object in your video. Remember ET in the closet with the stuffed animals?

Great job Cheryl!
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Peru » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:26 pm

The last year that I did my daughter's swim team videos, I included a scrapbook page for Waldo which appeared very briefly in one section of the video that had the scrapbook pages flying around.
Peru

Postby sidd finch » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:19 pm

1:44 (not to be confused with the ferrets - i think that's what those furry little critters are)

Good catch on the 1:44 mark I missed that one.

Now that I have opened a can of worms diving into Mr Dad...... I did notice a curious transition from the 2:22 dad sighting to the next image of a Bull on the trailer. I am thinking Mr Dad is "strong like bull" :-5

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Ron Hunter » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:36 pm

Great video! I wish there was a festival like that around here, I would love to try all of those different kinds of food.

And, like Sidd, I was wondering when the feet would appear, and then suddenly there they were in their podiatric glory!! :exc:
Desktop: HPE-580T, i7-950 (3.07GHz), 16GB RAM, Win'7 64-bit Home Premium, PSE12/PRE12, Lightroom 5.
Laptop: MacBook Pro (retina), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5.
Cameras (in use): Panasonic GH4/Canon HFR400/Canon HV30, GoPro HD Hero2.
Ron Hunter
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:10 pm

podiatric glory!

:CS:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Next

Return to Showcase