They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Sant'Antonio

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Sant'Antonio

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:30 pm

Ciao,

I would like to share the video I released this morning celebrating Sant'Antonio with the fire.
This year the fire had the moon just beyond.
Few people and soft atmosphere because we missed a friend, a lady who used to live in our small vilage with her family.
I chose a hard and struggling (perhaps angry) melody by boomaga.
Thanks for your attention

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T8DkFmjQDI[/youtube]
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Sant'Antonio

Postby momoffduty » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:39 pm

Poetic Francesco! I liked the music and nicely timed edit to the music. Sorry about your friend. Is this a tradition to have a fire? And what is the significance of the oranges on the cross?
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:51 pm

Thanks Cheryl :-)
Sant'Antonio, we celebrate on January 17th and with the bonfire the evening before, protects people from damages due to fire.
The cross made of oranges represents a challenge for young boys, who must pick them climbing the lightened bonfire (this year nobody did :-) ).
There used to be a lot of bonfires (until four in the main center and almost one even in the smallest villages, like the one I live in) and some little towns - year by year - are proud to have the highest one.
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby _Paz_ » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:08 pm

Very interesting to watch, Francesco. Your tradition is unfamiliar to me. I don't wonder that no one climbed the burning cross to get the oranges! My Mother would hardly let me outside the house when i was little and then, not outside her yard without permission.

I do hope it works and no one in your village suffers any damages from a fire, this year and every year. Sorry you're missing your friend.

I've always enjoyed watching fire. Your beginning with the sparks flying is pretty. The red, orange and purplish colors too.

Reminds me... better go out and bring in some firewood!

thanks for sharing,

Paz
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Sant'Antonio's bonfire

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:01 pm

Thanks, Paz,

I shoot every year the falo (the bonfire), I am bound to that event.

This is the video of 2013

I come back home with smoke on my clothes, a lot of love.

This year only very young boys climbed the bonfire, in 2013 the building of the falò was more involving.

Ciao, keep in touch

Francesco
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby _Paz_ » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:15 pm

Yes, this one is softer, the music is really haunting and beautiful.

I'm guessing you live in a dry climate where fire is a constant threat. It is hard to get a fire to burn where I live. Of course we have other problems. Tornadoes, hurricanes and floods.

Always something, right? :)
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:50 pm

We had great rain this years, but just for two days.
It caused damages just why we are not prepared to floo and we made a lot of mistakes in building areas.
Here is always spring, compared to other Italian regions.

Before building the bonfire we pick a lot of oranges (a winter fruit here) and decorate tractors and carts with.

Here is piece of pocke-photocam-art :-) of 2012 \:D/ :

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdNCHCn-K0w[/youtube]

Have a nice teatime... ::C
... here is nearly midnight ... img0235

Bye now

Francesco
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby videovillageidiot » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:38 pm

Francesco...you have a very special way of telling a story in your videos. Very moving.
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron Hunter » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:05 am

Wow! Both videos are great but I found the 2013 video particularly interesting. The 2014 video started with the fire and I wasn't sure what story was being told (since I am not familiar with the tradition). However, the 2013 video showed the building of the bonfire and I found it easier to understand and follow.

I really liked the use of slow motion coupled with the haunting soundtrack, and the bird flying away at the end (2013 video) was a great finish. :TU:
Desktop: HPE-580T, i7-950 (3.07GHz), 16GB RAM, Win'7 64-bit Home Premium, PSE12/PRE12, Lightroom 5.
Laptop: MacBook Pro (retina), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5.
Cameras (in use): Panasonic GH4/Canon HFR400/Canon HV30, GoPro HD Hero2.
Ron Hunter
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:02 pm

Thanks, Ron, I too believe that a video (but even a photography portfolio) must tell a story.
I missed the building this year, as it was faster for a smaller bonfire, because our small community grieves for a friend who died the first days of the year.
As well as I relied on 2012 and 2013 videos to describe the whole preparation.
I am very glad I managed to share the spirit :-)
Thank you !
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:07 pm

Ron Hunter wrote:
I really liked the use of slow motion coupled with the haunting soundtrack, and the bird flying away at the end (2013 video) was a great finish. :TU:

My thoughts too! Love the feel of the 2013. People actually climb the fire? Must be dangerous.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:10 am

Cheryl, yes, last years boys (and young men) climbed the bonfire just lit to pic the oranges from the cross (I don't remember them picking the whole cross as first action).
They moved rapidly and everyone stood very attentive, ready to help.
I too think it is someway dangerous (for eyes, for example), I suppose that only trained people - and very few, I saw three or four - take the risk.
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:16 am

I forgo to write that this year young boys jumped down the bonfire very soon, it was still fresh, while last year young men climbed the lit (on one side) bonfire.
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Showcase