They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Mexico Slices 3 - Nature

Show your stuff, whether it's in the local Gallery or offsite, get critiqued in here.

Re: Mexico Slices 3 - Nature

Postby _Paz_ » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:29 am

Wish I could go too! Great video, Mom! Love the underwater segments.

You appear to be gliding in the canoe. Did paddling make it rock back and forth?
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:07 am

Yes the paddling did make the video unstable. I would quit paddling every so often to get the smooth video. Got yelled at a few times for not paddling, but hey video comes first!

For the meet up, everyone needs to bring their gear so we can get 10 different angles of Steve cliff jumping. :fg:
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby rtk1958 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:01 pm

Loved the overall composition, and the change-up in video playback speeds, it really added emphasis to the feeling and mood of the video. Editing fit the music very well.

Thanks for sharing,
Todd
rtk1958

Postby _Paz_ » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:08 pm

I would quit paddling every so often to get the smooth video.

Yep. Makes sense to me. Were you in a canoe alone?

If all goes well Mr. B and I will be at the lake in a jon boat near dawnish tomorow. Since he is always behind me, either paddling or rowing, and I don't have a paddle... well...

It's a good thing to remember to be thankful for what you do get! :fg:
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:10 pm

Thanks Todd! I listen to many tracks, sometimes over 100, until I find the one that speaks to me.

Patrice, Mr. Dad & I were in the same canoe. The GoPro was on a J-hook chest harness and I had to stop paddling and lean back to get the right angles for shooting. I think it would have been better on a clamp on the side of the boat, but I didn't bring that with me.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:20 pm

I listen to many tracks, sometimes over 100, until I find the one that speaks to me

I know that feeling. One you find the one that speaks to you it feels like that was what the video needed all along. I sometimes even google the feeling I get from watching the video with no music. I have a hard time starting without knowing what music bed I am going to use.

I bet it would make a funny video to see the muvipix members editing video from the perspective of the computer screen looking at us. I bet we would all have the same similar expressions on our face. Starting with anguish to a sense of relief when we finished.... lol

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:25 pm

Good thing my computer monitor doesn't have a cam! I have a bunch of tracks saved on Vimeo & Jamendo & there are a few people I follow on SoundCloud. If I find a song I like, but doesn't fit the video yet I like the quality of the track then I will look at the composers other works. Vimeo has a feature to search similar tracks. You really have to weed thru a bunch of duds too. As I was looking for wedding soundtracks I came across a few that may work in future projects for our vacation, timelapse, or videos I make for the grandkids. Those were tagged as favorites.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:33 am

You really have to weed thru a bunch of duds too.

Finding the right music is the hardest part of making a video for me. Sometimes when I go back and watch old video I have made I can see a trend in the music I was going for at the time.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby _Paz_ » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55 am

We did make it to the lake and I finally got some waterlily video that's okay. (always want better!)

Mom,

I've never been in a canoe. Were you concerned about the possibility of capsizing? Either for yourself or your equipment?

I know what you mean about the music. Makes or breaks it!

At Audio Jungle I set up collections of categories such as calm, suspenseful, childrens', ethereal, swamp (including cicadas and crickets, frogs, etc.)

http://audiojungle.net/

They've recently changed their pricing schedule and made it much more favorable to folks like us who want to show it a few times on the internet.
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Previous

Return to Showcase