They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

adobe premiere elements 2023 stops Export & save at 12%

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2023

adobe premiere elements 2023 stops Export & save at 12%

Postby fm3001 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:28 pm

Hello.
I use PE23 to create universal 1 hour 35min (1 single DVD) *.MP4 files to to be used in TMPGEnc Authoring Works 7 to make my DVD's.

By the way if you have read my previous posts you will see I was a Roxio creator 2011 fan but no more. Authoring Works 7 which I found out about from this forum is the best DVD authoring program I have ever seen. I wish I had known about Pegasus before all the Roxio nonsense. :mad: Also purchased the Muvipix.com Guide to PE22 before I found out the DVD part of 22 was blown away by Works 7. But couldn't really find anything about this problem yet.

Back to the present. I have used PE23 to make about 85 *.mp4's so far and they all work. The first 75 or so were comprised of VHS Videotape capture files. Since about 76 on it has been 16:9 phone video at different resolutions mixed with 4K video from our new Panasonic VX870 camera. No problems up to now. Export and share settings are export & share > devices> custom > slider bar to the bottom to adjust the bitrate so my file size is under 4850MB if I need too. This has been working the whole time.

No matter what I do this latest *.mp4 which is no different than the other ones will not Export past 12%? Of course I did all the regular stuff, cold restart, only running PE23, and even deleting the old project and starting over. I do have a very time consuming plan to troubleshoot this problem if all else fails. ](*,) Thank you.
fm3001
New User
New User

Re: adobe premiere elements 2023 stops Export & save at 12%

Postby Peru » Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:33 am

Is there enough free disc space on the export drive and the system drive?

What is on the timeline at the 12% point?
Are you using a third party plugin?
Peru

Postby fm3001 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:04 pm

The system C drive has 56GB available and I store no video on it because it is a 300GB drive. I use the 900GB D drive for video processing and store all video files on the two identical E & F 8TB drives for redundancy. They both have almost 7TB available. No third party plugin. As for what happens at 12%.....I found the problem!

For anyone else with the same problem the symptoms are: Upon Export & Sharing the rendering percentage stops but the time continues counting down. If you let it go it will time down to 0 and do nothing. The program is now locked up making you use the Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Delete) to kill it. Now PE23 won't even start again until you restart the computer.

With nothing else to go on I suspected that one of my source files has a problem.

Progress bars do not necessarily indicate that an action is actually moving sequentially through a process like copying files from one folder to another. But I assumed with PE23 that the rendering process is moving sequentially through my project and therefore will allow me to find the exact point where the problem is. Originally the original project was messing up at 13%. But when I deleted it and recreated the project from the beginning the time was different? allowing me to add more video. With that the problem moved to 12% verifying that there is a physical problem that changed it's position on the timeline because of the project size increase. In my case the problem is at exactly 693.48sec or 11.558min. Going to that exact point with PE23 and expanding shows not one but two lock-ups at 1.55 and 7.11 of that clip. That clip came from the new camera and is the first time I have ever had this problem. That clip was filmed back last winter out in the cold? Using the PE23 editor to trim these eliminates the problem. You learn the most from problems. \:D/
fm3001
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:31 am

Great troubleshooting and thanks so much for posting the results and your solution :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Premiere Elements 2023