They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Bluray Playback Jerking

Specific to Premiere Elements version 2023

Bluray Playback Jerking

Postby CraigRyan89 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:52 pm

I have created a project in Adobe Premiere Elements 2023 and exported it as a 1920 x 1080 MP4 HD file with highest quality playback selected. I burnt it to disc using Burnova software. Playback on TV is jerky at times. How do I cure this?
CraigRyan89
New User
New User

Re: Bluray Playback Jerking

Postby Peru » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:28 pm

CraigRyan89 wrote: with highest quality playback selected.

Try a lower quality. The playback device may not support that high a setting.
Peru

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:15 pm

Craig is right. There's no value is recording at the highest quality. It won't give you noticeably better quality than standard quality but it will make a much bigger, bulkier file.

BTW do you mean jerky as in the video starts and stops or do you mean jerky as in shaky. There's a world of difference between the two.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby CraigRyan89 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:10 am

The video starts and stops. I have seen a copy of Premiere Elements 2011 for sale which presumably would have the facility to burn Blu-ray discs? Would this run on Windows 11?
CraigRyan89
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:03 am

I'm not aware of a version 2011. They didn't start naming the program after years until 2018, I believe. But by then they'd removed BluRay production and you could only produce DVDs.

If you want BluRay production, you'll need to go back to at least version 15.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby CraigRyan89 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:01 am

I have created a project using the 16 x 9 1920 x 1080 25 fps DSLR setting as this frame rate matches that of the original video clips. Adobe Premiere Elements told me there was a mismatch. How do I tell which properties don't match? I chose the option to match the settings and then exported the project as a 1280 x 720 video as you have previously suggested and burnt the video to BluRay. Playback on a TV is still hesitant.
The videos play perfectly smoothly using Windows Media Player on a Windows 11 PC.
Over the past ten years I have created over 100 BluRay discs using Sony Picture Motion Browser running on a Windows 7 PC. This worked fine with a Sony camcorder, and there were no problems when I changed to my current Panasonic camcorder. The successor to Sony Picture Motion Browser (Play Memories) doesn't even recognise my video files!
As you can imagine I'm tearing my hair out!
CraigRyan89
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:25 pm

The program will tell you your files are a mismatch if the first video clip you add to your timeline doesn't match your project settings. It will then offer to change the project settings to match your video. Is there a reason you do or don't want to do that?

The playback issue on your TV is not related to this in any event. If you are outputting Mp4s, you are not outputting BluRay files. I'm not sure where you got the idea outputting 1280x720 files will fix this issue, but a video is either a BluRay or it's not. Playing an MP4 through your BluRay player may nor may not be successful depending on your BluRay player and if it is MP4 compatible.

Have you looked into a program for creating BluRays like CyberLink PowerDirector? It offers a fully functioning free trial so you can see if this will resolve your problems.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Premiere Elements 2023