They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Storage of high-res videos?

Discussions about High Definition Television, Blu-Ray, HD DVD and other high definition DVD formats.

Storage of high-res videos?

Postby Ted » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:25 am

Hi all,

I really wasn't sure where to place this question and kindly ask the moderator(s) to move it to the correct forum, should this be in the incorrect area. :)

I'm wanting to do more video tutorials, using Camtasia Studio 5. However, the resolution is so poor when I force it into a 640 x 480 size for YouTube that I'm looking to create higher resolution videos. However, that comes with a cost of larger files.

Can anybody recommend a good site to store larger video files? I'm willing to pay a non-outrageous subscription fee. :)

I saw Screencast.com has 25 GB storage for $10/month which isn't TOO bad... and perhaps I'll give Vimeo.com another try.

Thanks for any advice! :)
Ted
"Satan trembles when he sees
the weakest saint on his knees."
Ted
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Storage of high-res videos?

Postby Bobby » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:57 am

Except for some performance issues, I am in general OK with Vimeo. The video quality is acceptable even at their standard definition, and the HD is even better albeit with some frame rate issues.

From what I can see, there may be no storage limit on Vimeo. If you get their Plus package at $60/year you can upload 5GB of data PER WEEK (1GB per upload). To quote their Help file on Plus "That's so much space you won't know what to do with it all!"

But I would certainly check with them first.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ted » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:54 am

Hi Bobby,

Thank you for answering!

Yes, I saw the 5 GB/week uploads but I wasn't sure what that meant... does that mean that I can do that continuously? Seems very generous of them. And would it be okay to upload 500 MB TEN times in that week? (Confused about the 1 GB/upload phrasing).

Perhaps I will contact them...

Thanks again!
"Satan trembles when he sees
the weakest saint on his knees."
Ted
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bobby » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:59 am

AFAIK, yes. You can upload a total of up to 5GB per week, and it stays week after week. Your maximum individual upload can be 1GB (i.e. no larger than a 1GB file at any given time) but other than that you can split your 5GB up any way you want - 10 x 500MB should be OK.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Hi Def