They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Fruits and Veg

Talk about this new technology.

Fruits and Veg

Postby sidd finch » Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:11 pm

Got a chance to do some testing on the insta360 x3 lens covers. After breaking a lens it is a forced necessity (can't afford to keep buying a replacement camera)

The image seems to capture light flare but I think I need to just try to position the camera in a different position.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Fruits and Veg

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:08 pm

Nice video, Sidd! Lots of variety and energy. It was almost like being there!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:12 am

Made me hungry.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:26 pm

Honestly, with no offense intended, I'm just not a fan of the distortions. Sure do wish we had a farmers market like that in our city, tho. We have a small one but it's nothing to compare. It closed a couple of weeks ago.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:36 pm

Nice video, Sidd! Lots of variety and energy. It was almost like being there!

Thank you for the kind words. I am still learning about the camera but it sure is a whole lot of fun. The keyframing is what makes it so versatile.

Made me hungry.

Every time we go I wanna get something from every vendor. In addition to all the fruits and veg, they also have a diverse ethnic variety of food so it is fun to try something we don't normally eat. This week I tried the Dolma's which were quite tasty.

Honestly, with no offense intended, I'm just not a fan of the distortions.

Thank you for the reply I know what you mean. The lens protectors really do a lot of distortion especially as the sun hits it. I am also trying to find a balance between the Linear and the Fish Eye. Each has strengths for different situations.

Sure do wish we had a farmers market like that in our city, tho. We have a small one but it's nothing to compare.

This is the Grand Central Station of Farmers markets in the area. It is located in a town called Los Gatos which is located in the foothills. We got there early Sunday because so many people attend. It is a great way for the farmers to sell direct to the public and many of the stands are organic. I think we get most of our produce there during the summer.

SIdd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Bob » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:00 pm

sidd finch wrote:Got a chance to do some testing on the insta360 x3 lens covers.

Are those the Insta360 sticky lens covers? I bought a pack when I got my X3, but I never used them because I read about the flare and stitching errors. I also bought the soft neoprene lens cap and I use that and the soft case that came with the camera.

It's a fun camera. I need to get out and use mine more often.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Bob

Postby sidd finch » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:28 am

Are those the Insta360 sticky lens covers?

Yes Bob the same. I do not like them but at this point they are a necessity. If they made the lens replacement easier (like the GoPro does) I would not use them.

I was recording a bicycle video and the camera slipped and already scratched one of the lens covers so I replaced one set already. Not happy but at $15 for the covers it's livable.

And your right for me its is a really fun camera. It is so small it makes it easy to go out and create some interesting (to me) videos. I have all the led's turned off so most folks do not pay attention to me.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:18 pm

When we lived in Southern California, the Hispanics would steal avocados and oranges from our neighbors orchard and sell them at their farmers market.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:39 pm

:what:

that's terrible ....
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:05 pm

steal avocados and oranges from our neighbors orchard and sell them at their farmers market.

Not a great way to build up the neighbor hood.

I looked online and our farmers market has a pretty stringent set of requirements to be able to sell there.

TIPS TO GET YOUR NON-AGRICULTURAL FOODS INTO THE FARMERS' MARKET
Step 1: Develop a line of food.
All prepared foods must be juried before sales at the Market. Make sure your foods and their packaging are something you are proud to present!

Step 2: Have a Commercial Kitchen, or locate one you can rent.
All Non-Agricultural products are required by law to be manufactured in a certified commercial kitchen.

Step 3: Visit Markets you are interested in
Do your research to find which markets have the crowd and demographics that fit your product. Crowd count information is not available. It is best to go to the market as a customer for a few weeks to determine potential demand for your product.

Step 4: Develop Food Safety Handling Plan
You and all of your employees must be trained and follow your food safety plan.

Step 5: Submit a complete application to CFMA

Step 6: Acceptance into a Market
CFMA does not guarantee placement into specific markets. If you are accepted into a market which is not your first choice, CFMA looks forward to becoming acquainted with you at our other market locations. By establishing a relationship with California Farmers’ Markets Association, and providing a pleasant, responsible, and professional work experience your chance of being selected for a market of higher demand will increase. Then when there is an opening for your kind of product, your chance of being selected increases.

Step 7: Buy Health Permits, and Supplies
Please do not obtain a health permit prior to this point. Health permits cannot be refunded. When you’ve been accepted into a market, you can safely make the investment into the necessary health permits and market equipment such as canopies, tables, safety devices, etc.

Step 8: Come to Market
Sell your product and have fun!

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby ed » Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:35 am

The colors were really vivid on that Sidd. I still like the random stands on the side of the road out in the country, but I always have to remember to have cash on me.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:09 am

The colors were really vivid on that Sidd.

Thank you Ed, I really like the color that the camera produces. In the studio desktop application they have a setting called "Color Plus" that evens everything out but is not too over the top.

I still like the random stands on the side of the road out in the country

We are so urban here it would be quite a drive to even find a roadside stand. And with all the health regulations for the Farmers Market, it feels a safer bet. When it's strawberry season there are folks who sell roadside strawberries in some neighborhoods from these little carts.

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to 360 Video