They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

NewBlue Video Essentials

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

NewBlue Video Essentials

Postby JohnnyO » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:22 am

New Blue has a new plugin called Video Essentials. Looks interesting.

It has a color fixer, a border cropper, a detail enhancer, a flash remover, a pilelator to hide unwanted parts of your video, a sharpener, soft focus, tint, touch up to remove blemishes and a video tunup plugin. It costs $79.95.

http://www.newbluefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=104&Itemid=327
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: NewBlue Video Essentials

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:21 pm

Nice find, Johnny!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Felix G » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:51 pm

Thanks for the tip. I tried the Flash Remover today and found it working pretty well.
Not knowing that such an effect existed in the first place, I had developed a tremendously time consuming way to cut out the flashes (with a 16 point garbage matte), frame after frame after frame. Done with that now.
The treshold should (in my case) be set to (practically) zero in order to get the effect working.

Not so good is that (due to some memory thing, I think) experimenting with the effect caused PE (7) to crash several times. Also the dual monitor set up got all mixed up.
I feel like buying these Video Essentials, but the cost of the package being about the same as the whole PE 7 program, I will perhaps wait a bit until some other experiences are shared on this forum.
Felix
Felix G
New User
New User

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:32 am

Hello Felix. Welcome to muvipix :) and thanks for the feedback on NewBlue and PE7.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Return to Tools