They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Import VOB Files

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

Import VOB Files

Postby Helen » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:56 pm

Hi
I was having heaps of trouble importing some VOB files of a dvd that was given to me. It would come up with an error I think "unsupported file or format damaged". After reading through different messages I followed some advice and managed to get the files into Windows Movie Maker after copying them of the dvd. I was then going to export them and try to get them into PE4.0

I then thought that I would try one more thing and I downloaded the K-lite Mega Codec Pack and after installing, I successfully managed to import the files from the original VOB file on the dvd. The link to the download is http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_l ... c_Pack.htm.

Does anyone see any problem with downloading this codec pack. It does not seem to have any viruses or anything and it seems to have fixed my problem. I have managed to import VOB files previously, but I recently received two disks and I had no end of problems with them.
Thanks
Helen
Helen
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Import VOB Files

Postby RJ Johnston » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:00 am

Ideally you would only enable the codecs that you needed, not all the codecs that are checked by default during installation. I believe most codec packs installs some version of FFDShow, and when the FFDShow codecs are enabled, they usurp codecs already installed on your computer. They may or may give as good results.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:15 pm

Hi Helen,
Back in version 2 I installed the K-Lite Mega Codec pack to test a solution for mpeg files in Premiere Elements, it cleared up all my problems instantly.
I have since installed the codec pack on all of my computers and one of the first things I install on new ones.

If anything should happen to go wrong you can always uninstall the software ;)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Helen » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:43 pm

Thanks
Come to think of it I think I had it installed on our old computer, but forgot about it on this new one. (Not that new anymore). I created a restore point before I installed it as well just in case.
I am glad that everything is working well now and I can get back to movie making
Helen
Helen
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Tools