They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

free mosaic download

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

free mosaic download

Postby happy2bapappy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:56 pm

http://www.andreaplanet.com/andreamosaic/samples/

this link will send you to a download whereby you can create a picture using pictures....if that makes any sense at all.

Say for instance you have a picture of your face.

Instead of simply creating a picture of your face,the program will create a picture of your face using a number, say 100, of your other photos. Your other photos , in effect, become pixels. So your eyeball, for instance, would be comprised of a number of your other pictures. you can tell the program how many pictures you would like to see used, how often you would like to see them repeated, etc.
It's pretty cool.
aka. John.
happy2bapappy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: free mosaic download

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:47 pm

This sounds great John, thanks for sharing.
I have seen some videos and photos done like this, I can't wait to give it a try :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RJ Johnston » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:02 pm

Works great. After creating a mosic that is 6000 x 9000 pixels, I thought it would be cool to zoom in (or out) on the image with Premiere Elements. Unfortunately PE only takes 3000 x 3000 pixels. Then I went to Magix Movie Edit Pro 14+ which accepted it, and I was able to pan and zoom around with ease and see the individual photos that make up each "pixel."
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby jackfalbey » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:26 pm

Great find, John! It works exactly as it should. This has got to be one of the best free apps I've seen recently.
ASRock Z77 Pro4, Xeon E3-1230 V2, Windows 7 64-bit, 32GB RAM, 3GB GTX 660 ti, 240GB SSD for OS/programs, 3x640GB in RAID0 for projects
Panasonic GH2; Adobe Creative Cloud
http://www.CMDStar.com
http://www.FamilyTreePhotography.co
jackfalbey
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby happy2bapappy » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:10 pm

I thought it was kind of cool myself. I figure this would be great for a T-shirt. You know...print onto an 'iron on' sheet of paper and transfer onto a T-shirt with an iron.
aka. John.
happy2bapappy
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Wheat King » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:28 pm

I played with it last night. I was amazed at the results. I threw it a challenge and made a mosaic of a face. Couldn't believe the results.
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Spot » Thu May 01, 2008 5:32 pm

Great link!
Had a play with this last night also and WOW. Thinking of donating and getting extended version which enables larger image sizes. Then I plan to do a large mosaic of my three kids and put it on a canvas.
For any After Effects users there is also a link to a tutorials site. The tut is using the mosaic software and then animating the result which looks fantastic. This is a technique used a lot on TV. If anyone has seen the opening for Parkinson (english interview show) you'll recognise it immediately. Even if you don't have AE it's worth a look.

This is the link:
http://www.ayatoweb.com/ae_tips_e/ae50_e.html

Cheers
JohnB
Woof
Spot

Return to Tools