They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Burgers Transitions

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

Burgers Transitions

Postby Sam I Am » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:34 pm

Hi guys, I'm back on the transition thing. I have been trying to download some of the transitions from the above website. I've read your instructions on my previous thread on this site but I have a really dumb question. You talk about saving them at en_us folder in Adobe. I don't know where that is. I try to follow the instructions on that website and when you download it puts it in a different folder than the one you mention, you can change it but I don't know where to look for the en_us folder you refer to. Can you give me really basic instructions, please? Thanks for all of your help.
Sam I Am
New User
New User

Re: Burgers Transitions

Postby Wheat King » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:38 pm

As long as you installed Premiere Elements to the default location:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0\Plug-ins\en_US
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Wheat King » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:32 pm

Hi Sam after rereading your post I see you also asked for basic instructions. I also forgot to mention that you can put these files in a folder called Burger if you like to keep organized.
Rather than type it all out I thought I post a screen shot of what it looks like on my system. In front is the folder location and the Burger Transitions that will work. In behind you'll see Premiere Elements 4 and I've highlighted the transitions as you'll see them when you open premiere elements. (note you'll have to either close premiere elements before you copy the files to the en_us dir or restart premiere elements after you copy the files to the directory.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Sam I Am » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:26 am

At the risk of sounding completely incompetent, I cannot find a plug in file in Adobe. I am running PE 3, not version 4, would that make a difference?
Sam I Am
New User
New User

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:25 am

The actual path on your PC may be a little different but the plug-ins folder should be here:-

C:/Adobe/Adobe Premeiere Elements 3/Plug-ins/en_US

Normally you should install the Burger stuff in the en_US folder
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Sam I Am » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:28 pm

I thank you for your patience, I've tried that path and it comes back that it cannot be found.When I go to the Adobe file and open all of it's sub folders I do find a folder that is called "Encoded Files", could that be it? I am only guessing at what en_us stands for. If I cannot locate that file, will the transitions still work if I save them somewhere else? Thanks again to all who have tried to help me with this. I am very frustrated but you've all been great.
Sam I Am
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:34 pm

No, it sounds like you are looking in your project folder, that's were the encoded files are.
You need to look in the Premiere Elements installation directory, usually Program Files/Adobe/Premiere Elements...
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:53 am

John 'twosheds' McDonald wrote:The actual path on your PC may be a little different but the plug-ins folder should be here:-

C:/Adobe/Adobe Premeiere Elements 3/Plug-ins/en_US

Normally you should install the Burger stuff in the en_US folder

Whoops. My fault. I missed a directory from the path. :oops: Try this:-

C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Premeiere Elements 3/Plug-ins/en_US
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Sam I Am » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:55 pm

You've been so helpful and patient but I must have something installed wrong. I copied and pasted the path you provided me with and it comes back with "no items match your search". I've never had a problem with adobe but I have to think I must not have it installed properly. I 'll play around with this and see if I can still use any of these transitions but thanks so much for all of your help.
Sam I Am
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:43 pm

Well John did spell Premiere wrong so I wouldn't copy and past anything ;)

Under Program files should be an Adobe folder unless you did not choose to install to the default directory.
Under that Adobe folder will be a Premiere Elements (and what ever version # you have).
Under that directory there will be other folders, let us know what you see in these folders :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby videolady » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:13 pm

After reading this thread, I decided to try downloadng these transitions too. I went for the big kahuna (sp?) and tried the entire package of transitions (called Transition Package).

I downloaded them into a file where I unzipped them (24 I thought) and then I copied them into the en_US file. But when I tried to open PE3, I got the following PE Application Error:
The instruction at "0x09fd10e3"referred memory @ "0x00000018". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program.

I deleted all of the burger effects (1-24) and PE3 works again but I noticed some files in en_US that are an unrecognizable format and I don't know if they are part of the burger stuff that should also be deleted or whether they were there already. There are 6 that all begin with HLSL and end with .fx for the file extension. The middle parts are CenterPeelTransition, Page Curl, Refract, Ripple, Sphere and Spiral Flip.

Questions:
1. What happened when I downloaded the burger transitions? Would they work if I dowloaded 1 at a time instead of the package of all of them?
2. Should I delete these HLSL______.fx files?

Thanks,
Karen
videolady
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Wheat King » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:18 pm

For question 1, only some of the burger transitions work. The ones that I identified in the graphic (post 3)are the files you want to bring in.
For question 2, To make sure you remove only what you've added into the directory. Reopen the zip file and compare file by file and remove them one by one. Tedious but the only option I can think of. One of the reasons I put these files in a new folder under the en_us directory is so that I can easily remove it if I want to.
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby videolady » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:33 pm

OK, I see which ones work from your earlier post NOW! I guess I should have read more thoroughly! Thanks for the help. I will go through the zip file as you suggest and next time I'll put a seperate folder in en_US. I thought maybe the transitions wouldn't work in a sub-folder like that. Thanks again for your guidance Wheat King.
videolady
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Wheat King » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:04 pm

No problem. The subfolder thing seems to work for me. (I'm using Version 4) :thumbright:
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Tools