They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Quickstart: Photo Morph Srudio

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

Quickstart: Photo Morph Srudio

Postby ridon127 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:09 pm

What do you know about Photo Morph Studio? I got an e-mail form Planet CD Rom and all Ihave to do is pay shipping which is about $6.95. Is it worth it?
Thanks
Donna
Go out and make it a great day. The choice is yours!
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Quickstart: Photo Morph Srudio

Postby momoffduty » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:03 pm

Never heard of it, but I don't know that many software products. I just downloaded Fantamorph and it is very smooth. You can get a trial version for 30 days.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Bob » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:18 pm

I was looking at these reviews of morphing software (http://morphing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/) and Phantamorh got their top review. It also says that Morph Studio has been discontinued (http://morphing-software-review.toptenr ... eview.html). Don't know if Morph Studio is the same as Quickstart: Photo Morph Studio (which is still listed on the PhotoSoft Publishing website). Caveat Emptor, as they say. Personally, I'd go with Phantamorph.
Bob

Postby Cinde » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:19 pm

I haven't used it yet, but I got Morpheus Photo Animation Suiteâ„¢ v3.01 free with an order of ink from 123 Inkjet.

Morpheus 3 is listed as Bronze (# 3 recommendation) on http://morphing-software-review.toptenreviews.com

I checked the Morpheus site and the box cover for Morpheus 3 (Photo Morpher) is included (along with 2 other titles ~ Photo Warper and Photo Mixer) in the merged suite which they now call Morpheus Photo Animation Suiteâ„¢ v3.01

One thing that irks me about reviews, comments on web sites, etc... is that most of the time they aren't dated. Of course bulletin boards are dated, but on most review sites I can't even find a date for the review. I could be reading a review for something that is 30 minutes old or 3 years old.

Donna, I'm sorry for hijacking your thread to rant about missing dates.
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Wheat King » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:03 pm

ridon127 wrote:What do you know about Photo Morph Studio? I got an e-mail form Planet CD Rom and all Ihave to do is pay shipping which is about $6.95. Is it worth it?
Thanks
Donna

Hey Donna,
The first morphing software I ever used was squirlzmorph It's Ok, it's free and it did the job for me and allows you to export to avi file. I've since moved on to Fantamorph, really happy with it. Plenty of export options and it's really easy to use.
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby ridon127 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:24 pm

Cinde,

No problem. That can be so frustrating at times.

Jamal,
Thanks for the reply. I don't know how much I would use something like that. I am working on a DVD for our little graduates again this year. I thought it would be fun to morph them from when they were babies to the time they graduate. Last year I used a B&W and their cap and gown picture, both taken in the same week. There would only be about 6 pictures to use. I just don't want the same thing every year.
Something to think about. The Photo Morph Studio is only $7 so I thought it might be a good deal.
Thanks again
Donna
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:40 am

Donna, the morphing sequence of the graduates would be fun for the families! I liked the one you did last year with the empty chairs at the end. That marked their next phase in life. They grow up too quick!
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby ridon127 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:19 pm

You are right about the growing up to fast. It is always sad when these kiddos leave our safe little world and enter "big school". Some of them come back to visit and it is amazing to see how much they can do. It is the same with our own children. I can't believe my two granddaughters are in school and how fast Jr. High is approaching.

I liked the ending of last year's video with the empty chairs. I can't think of anything different so I will probably do it again this year. It is hard to come up with new ideas sometimes. That is why I can't wait to see videos in the gallery... I depend on you guys for ideas..
Donna
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:06 pm

How many kids are graduating this year? The morphing may be too many pics, takes a lot of prep time. What if you had the child's current pic in center and then have cut outs of the prior years fade in and out to the left/above of the current pic? The pics fading in and out could have a white feathered mask and maybe lower the pics opacity? Just some thoughts. Maybe someone else has some ideas.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby ridon127 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:26 pm

As of right now, there are 10, possibly 13.. We never know until the last minute. Sounds like a good idea. I have plenty of time for that because I don't even do graduation pictures until June and they graduate the last of July. For now I am doing the their 1st 5 years at school and have everything ready to go so I can do the last chapter. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks
Donna
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Tools