They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Fantamorph

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

Re: Fantamorph

Postby Wheat King » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:03 pm

I just opened my old project and exported all 256 frames in about 30 seconds.

Couple of things to check.

Do you have Hardware acceleration turned on?
FantamorphExportSettings.jpg

From the Help file. Try turning this option off and see it it handles it better.

Use Hardware Acceleration: When hardware acceleration is enabled, you can get the best export performance. But you should disable this function if your system has problem with hardware acceleration. Besides, the maximum export size depends on display card if hardware acceleration is enabled, in most cases it is less than 4096 x 4096 pixels. So if you want to export very large images for print, you also need to turn off this switch so that you can export images up to 16384 x 16384 pixels.

Also I realized that I had not specifically mentioned that you must turn on "Export 32-bit Image" This is what essentially preserves your transparency. It creates and alpha channel.

The only other thing different is that you are using some new features (maybe a bug?) But before we do anymore testing let's see if the hardware acceleration makes any difference.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:49 pm

You must be reading my mind. The transparency was my next question, just did a screen shot to show. I did export each sequence separately, but that defeats the multiple seq. feature. Will try unchecking the hardware acceleration.

I downloaded the trial version first and when I did, there were a few tests to check for sys. req. Mine passed, but not sure if it had anything to do with the hardware acc.

Did notice that when having a pause on each image, for a few frames you can see the prior image under and then a jump. Can edit that out, guess you don't notice that when it is continuous.

Thanks for the help! Will probably have morphing nightmares tonight staring at this thing 1/2 the day!
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby momoffduty » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:06 pm

Just tried unchecking the hardware acc. and no export.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Wheat King » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:10 pm

momoffduty wrote:Just tried unchecking the hardware acc. and no export.

Rats! :???:

Assume you have plenty of hard drive space and available mem. Just want to rule that out as well.

I'll play with the new features and see if I can replicate the problem.
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:19 am

Tried changing the frames back to the default and no luck. Must be hanging up on one of the files. Export by each seq. no problem, maybe all together there is a file that hangs things up. I have plenty of free space, etc. Exporting each seq is no big deal as long as I have the files numbered in order when I bring into PE3.

Found something out yesterday, I brought in a folder to PE3 and minimized the folder, then right clicked the folder to create slideshow. Worked! Didn't have to highlight 400 individual stills!
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby Wheat King » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:48 am

momoffduty wrote:Found something out yesterday, I brought in a folder to PE3 and minimized the folder, then right clicked the folder to create slideshow. Worked! Didn't have to highlight 400 individual stills!

Nice Tip! Would keep your media much easier to manage as well!

At least you got it work, but I'm still curious what the problem is.... :-k
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:29 pm

Just finished part 2 of a set of 13 seq. and was able to Export! The first project was started in a trial version and when I purchased continued working on it. Maybe that was the export problem.

Changed the settings and to get a 2:1 had to set morph at 30 and stay on pic 7 since in a seq. the 2nd pic stay is added to the next seq that would equal 14.

Browsing thru the fanatmorph forum for the export prob. found a tip. The 'blip' I had was the fact that I didn't morph pic 1 completely into pic 2, could see a tad around edges. The tip said when working on transparency to put dots outside the cutout edge in image 1 and the corresponding dots on image 2 are just inside the cutout. To get the best view, move slider bar to far right when in seq preview mode (not movie). This will be the last frame of the morph.

Went pretty fast the second round. Not sure if I would want to do this everyday...those darn green dots. :alien:
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby wrotewavincharlie » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:19 pm

I hope one of you guys can help me because I am seriously about to cry. I'm a new subscriber to this site, so please bear with me...I checked in just for this reason. I have been using PE Elements 3.0 for years with no problems, and am down to the wire on my graduation videos, but my new Fantamorph program will not work with PE 3.0! I've never had a problem with any of my morphs before this version! No matter how I export the movie (.gif, .avi, or .tiff) the morphs are distorted, upside down, or purple when I import them into PE. I've tried the suggestions here, I've tried reducing the size of the movie, etc., but nothing is working. Can someone please help me? My niece has raved to her friends about the morphs in my movies!
As you can tell, I'm desperate. Thank you so much!
wrotewavincharlie
New User
New User

Postby Wheat King » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:31 pm

Hi Charlie,

Will try to help but want to clarify a couple things.

wrotewavincharlie wrote: I've never had a problem with any of my morphs before this version!

By this version do you mean fanatamorph or Premiere Elements

wrotewavincharlie wrote: No matter how I export the movie (.gif, .avi, or .tiff) the morphs are distorted, upside down, or purple when I import them into PE.

Can you play an exported avi in windows media player without any problems?

Also are attempting to export with transparency?
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:47 am

What version of Fantamorph? Are your TIF export at 1023x768? If they are too large, PE3 will have problems. Try exporting a short sequence of 45 frames and see if you can then create slideshow. I had to create slideshow 2x. The first had blips in it, but the second time did okay. Not sure why, maybe something with my computer.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby wrotewavincharlie » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:48 pm

Sorry, guys. I should have included this information. I previously used Fantamorph 2.0 with my Premiere Elements 3.0, and had no problems whatsoever exporting then importing .avi files. No matter how long they were, they worked great. Now, I'm using the 4.0 version of Fantamorph, and none of the .avi morphs have worked when imported into my 3.0 PE! (I AM able to play the .avi morph on Windows Media player, and it plays with no hiccups of any kind.) I also was able to export a 10-second .gif morph today, and it actually imported into Premiere Elements o.k., but then I tried another 10-second one, and the last frame turned upside down. I can not manipulate them in any way with the time-stretch tool. This is SO frustrating! Also, I have no idea what you mean by "transparency," so could you help me there? Thank you!
wrotewavincharlie
New User
New User

Postby Wheat King » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:30 pm

The reason I asked about transparency is because you mentioned you were exporting to Tif. Sometimes a desired effect in a morph is to "cut out" the background and just morph the subject. Doing this allows you to put what ever you want in the background.

So the problem seems to be on Import into PE3, but you seem to be getting inconsistent results. My suggestion would be to systematically step through the problem here. Keep track of your export settings. Each time you import compare the files in PE. What do you notice?

Sorry I can't be more help maybe others will have ideas? ( might be a good idea to start a new thread to get more attention to your problem. Sometimes people will see an old thread and or the fanatmorph title in the thread and not bother reading it. )

Also, You could try posting on the fantamorph forum. It not very active but the support team for abrosoft does monitor and respond to threads.

http://www.fantamorph.com/forum/index.php
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:45 pm

Thought I would bump this old thread on Fantamorph since Jamal & I both have post examples recently. Glad to help anyone with this program.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby munickster » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:17 pm

momoffduty wrote:Thought I would bump this old thread on Fantamorph since Jamal & I both have post examples recently.

Thanks, Cheryl. I'm glad you did - I've just started working on a 50th birthday slideshow for my wife's Valentine's Day birthday and was wondering about doing a morph like this. I've downloaded the trial and I think I'm going to buy the Deluxe version. My question is, has anybody seen any FantaMorph coupon codes lately? There are some discounts available, but they require purchasing through other web sites that I'm not comfortable with. Not worth the risk to save a few dollars.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays to everybody!

Dick
munickster
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:08 am

Dick, have not seen any coupons. But, a word of caution. I started a project with a trial version and then bought the program and tried to continue the project. After I activated it, all looked good or so I thought. Had problems, so may want to start a new project after you buy.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

PreviousNext

Return to Tools