They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Free Computer Screen Washer

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

Re: Free Computer Screen Washer

Postby Ron » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:07 pm

Doreen L. wrote:It looks like the reason the second one won't work is because I'm using IE7. Seems this is a known problem when swf files are put on a page in a certain way and the way the html is set up. I found a fix but if it's not done correctly, you can screw up your operating system - I think I'll take a pass. I can always switch over to FireFox if I really want to see a page that's set up this way.

BTW, I use swf files all over my own website and have no problem. I hope Microsoft comes up with a better fix for these instances.

There's no html involved in that page, it's straght flash. I'm betting you have some sort of security setting set too high, I can view it fine with IE7.

When you get the little yellow triangle in the left corner, double-click on it and it will tell you what's wrong. It's either a local (client) security issue or a Flash security setting (preventing the straght download to your computer [Vista? non-admin account?]).
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doreen L. » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:17 pm

The error in the little yellow triangle:

Line: 1
Char: 1
Error: Object expected
Code: 0
Dell XPS410 Duo Core, 4GB RAM, 2 360 gig hard drives, 1 500 gig external hard drive
http://tworiversailing.com/
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:25 pm

Yer right, it keeps pointing to a registry setting that has probably been changed or deleted somehow. Does this entry look familiar via your research?

FEATURE_BLOCK_LMZ_SCRIPT

It's simply not allowing the script (I'm sure you know that Flash is scripted) to run directly on your computer with the built-in control.

Maybe some sort of Registry Cleaner deleted it? If you can remember if you've done it recently, you could try a system restore (you mentioned that you don't feel comfortable editing the registry).

I will tell you that it's not "normal/default" behavior - eg, an inherent problem with IE7. Something was modified.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doreen L. » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:50 pm

That's what I came up with when doing a search. The reason why I say it has to with IE7 is because it works fine when I'm using Firefox. I don't recall ever doing anything to the registry and this computer is less than a year old. Crazy.

Thanks Ron.
Dell XPS410 Duo Core, 4GB RAM, 2 360 gig hard drives, 1 500 gig external hard drive
http://tworiversailing.com/
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Clayton » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:25 am

Folks, both links work for me this morning. IE6 (at work). :-5
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Previous

Return to Tools