They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Photoshop CS2 Help File Missing

MUsic / VIdeo / PIX related, plugins, filters, must have tools.

Photoshop CS2 Help File Missing

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:32 am

I went to use Photoshop CS2 to recreate the grid used in the Brady Bunch scenario in order to get the grid size proportional to my digital camera output. I was brain dead looking for a function, so I pressed F1 for help. I got the help file for PE 3 which is also on the machine. I looked in the "Product Help for" drop down on the help page and all it lists is PE3 even though Photoshop CS2 and PE 4 are installed on the machine. Note that PS CS2 called the help box. Curious before I do a reinstall and lose help on PE 3 and PE 4.

Thanks,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Photoshop CS2 Help File Missing

Postby Stregga » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:17 am

Vern,
Don't know why CS2 wont show up, cause it should. I have PS CS3, PE3,& PSE5, and they all show up on the help center. Additionaly, I have PE4, & PSE6 which do not. They are no longer set up using the same help center set up. They use your web browser and therefore will not show up with the other programs. When you launch PE4 and PSE6's help function they will launch your web browser and display the help contents there. Also I am almost certain that if you reinstall your CS2, it should not loose your help for your other programs. I could be mistaken, but I beleive they use a common folder to link this data.

Just as an FYI, I had a similar problem with both of the new Elemnts programs help function...neither launched. While the files were installed with the program, the link from within the programs to launch the browser help content (i.e. F1) never worked for me. So I had to lauch it from within IE and create a favorites link in my browser. Just recently though I heard from a friend that his PSE6 updated his help, so I will check today to see if this corrects the problem I saw. I know it doesnt realy answer your question, but thought you might want to know.
Gateway GM5664 Windows Vista Home Premium AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core Processor 2.30 GHz, 1TB HDD (2 x 500GB) 3.0GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2400XT (256MB OBM) Realtek HDSC Dual 19" Monitor Display
Stregga
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Photoshop CS2 Help File Missing

Postby VernonRobinson » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:51 am

Stregga wrote:Vern,
Don't know why CS2 wont show up, cause it should. I have PS CS3, PE3,& PSE5, and they all show up on the help center. Additionaly, I have PE4, & PSE6 which do not. They are no longer set up using the same help center set up. They use your web browser and therefore will not show up with the other programs. When you launch PE4 and PSE6's help function they will launch your web browser and display the help contents there. Also I am almost certain that if you reinstall your CS2, it should not loose your help for your other programs. I could be mistaken, but I beleive they use a common folder to link this data.

Just as an FYI, I had a similar problem with both of the new Elemnts programs help function...neither launched. While the files were installed with the program, the link from within the programs to launch the browser help content (i.e. F1) never worked for me. So I had to lauch it from within IE and create a favorites link in my browser. Just recently though I heard from a friend that his PSE6 updated his help, so I will check today to see if this corrects the problem I saw. I know it doesnt realy answer your question, but thought you might want to know.

Thanks Stregga,
When I get a moment I will reinstall CS2.

-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Tools