They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Underwater at the Koi Pond

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

Underwater at the Koi Pond

Postby sidd finch » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:45 pm

Had some fun watching the fish swim....from their perspective. :) All the fish are small except the one Koi that looks to be the Moby Dick of Koi fish.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Underwater at the Koi Pond

Postby Dave McElderry » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:41 pm

So I'm sitting here wondering why the water looked so yucky and then that dude comes along at 1:05 and it became obvious! :ha: :)
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby _Paz_ » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:00 am

The big guy looked like he was considering whether to eat the camera!
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby George Tyndall » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:56 pm

Re the "Let it Rain," I was sure I would find a fish appear from within one of those big splashes, but it did not happen.

Were those mere raindrops causing those bigger splashes?

Thanks for sharing those.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:49 pm

The fish pond is located outside under a bunch of trees. It is also made of concrete so I am not sure it gets cleaned very much. just the act of gently placing a camera in there stirs up a bunch of silt. I had better luck by putting the camera in the water with a monopod but I did not get too steady of a shot. And that big fish is over a foot long swimming around as though it owns the pond.

Were those mere raindrops causing those bigger splashes?

Yes the raindrops were huge. One of those big downpours that lasts for a short while. It has been raining here for a while now but nothing as strong yet.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:05 pm

That is one monster koi! Looked like he was going for your camera, but guess he decided to stir up the silt instead. Nice slow motion!
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Ron Hunter » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:32 pm

Great video!! I loved the reflection of the large koi off of the top of the water. The color and detail were great. As I watched the video I wondered how much footage was cut because it showed silt being disturbed.

I was so busy looking at the fish I didn't notice any raindrops or shakiness.

I've long thought of placing our GoPro in our aquarium or turtle tank. Maybe that will be my next project?
Desktop: HPE-580T, i7-950 (3.07GHz), 16GB RAM, Win'7 64-bit Home Premium, PSE12/PRE12, Lightroom 5.
Laptop: MacBook Pro (retina), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5.
Cameras (in use): Panasonic GH4/Canon HFR400/Canon HV30, GoPro HD Hero2.
Ron Hunter
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:04 am

Great framing.
I liked the symmetric lines of the movement too, the fading transitions and the final fade out made of sand.
The music fits very well.
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:36 am

Thank you. I cannot believe how cold the water was when I placed the camera in the pond. In just a few seconds my fingers were numb. I tried to keep the camera farther away from the fish because of the silt. But only the big Koi seems to be the one kicking up silt. Also because of the location of the camera in relation to the sun I think you see more stuff floating around.

I was so busy looking at the fish I didn't notice any raindrops or shakiness.

I think this was a comment regarding the raindrops thread so I just answered it in this thread.

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to GoPro Cameras