They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The Paper Boat

Talk about the "World's Most Versatile Camera™" here.

The Paper Boat

Postby sidd finch » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:16 pm

We are getting some much needed rain today so I thought it would be a great chance to test out the 720P 120 fps setting to see how it works. I walked over to a street that had a lot of water running down the gutter and set up shop.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: The Paper Boat

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:09 pm

Cool. Some extreme dof on that one. I loved the water trail bouncing straight back up after the drops fell. :glasses1:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:43 pm

Thanks Dave. I actually created a Photoshop image of part of the video so I could erase some of the cars parked in the street. I then blurred that portion out. The rain drops look like bombs and I did not even notice the bubbles until I looked at the video.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Peru » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:53 am

sidd finch wrote: I actually created a Photoshop image of part of the video so I could erase some of the cars parked in the street. I then blurred that portion out.
Sidd

Clever. :tup:
Peru

Postby momoffduty » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:39 am

Peru wrote:
sidd finch wrote: I actually created a Photoshop image of part of the video so I could erase some of the cars parked in the street. I then blurred that portion out.
Sidd

Clever. :tup:

Agree!! :TU: Keep the ideas coming Sidd!
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:26 am

The Photoshop idea cam from something I read about the making of Gone With the Wind movie. The were looking for scenery so they painted the scenery they were looking for on a plate of glass and filmed the house and the plate of glass together to look like it was one scene. I just have to make sure that I always use a tripod to keep the scene from moving.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Ron Hunter » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:04 am

Sidd, I'm dense and I need some help to understand your Photoshop trick. I guess there were cars on the street in your footage, and you wanted to remove them. Would you kindly explain how you got rid of them?
Desktop: HPE-580T, i7-950 (3.07GHz), 16GB RAM, Win'7 64-bit Home Premium, PSE12/PRE12, Lightroom 5.
Laptop: MacBook Pro (retina), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5.
Cameras (in use): Panasonic GH4/Canon HFR400/Canon HV30, GoPro HD Hero2.
Ron Hunter
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:31 pm

Sure, I exported a jpeg image from the mpeg video file. I opened the jpeg image in Photoshop First. you will need to use a selection tool, such as the lasso tool, to isolate the area that you would like to remove. Next, go to Edit>Fill and make sure to choose Content Aware in the drop-down menu. Then click ok. After that was done I imported the "now" PSD file of the jpeg and placed it over the video. I used the Gaussian blur to make the background look out of focus.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Ron Hunter » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:07 pm

Slick! Thanks for walking me through that.
Desktop: HPE-580T, i7-950 (3.07GHz), 16GB RAM, Win'7 64-bit Home Premium, PSE12/PRE12, Lightroom 5.
Laptop: MacBook Pro (retina), 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5.
Cameras (in use): Panasonic GH4/Canon HFR400/Canon HV30, GoPro HD Hero2.
Ron Hunter
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Jayell » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:15 pm

Sidd, you've taken some of the most mundane subjects and made them fun to watch! Thanks.
HP Envy Desktop 795-0040xt / Win 10 Home/ Intel Core i7-8700 / 32GB memory / NVidia GeForce GTS 1060 3G
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby _Paz_ » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:02 pm

Sure, I exported a jpeg image from the mpeg video file. I opened the jpeg image in Photoshop First. you will need to use a selection tool, such as the lasso tool, to isolate the area that you would like to remove. Next, go to Edit>Fill and make sure to choose Content Aware in the drop-down menu. Then click ok. After that was done I imported the "now" PSD file of the jpeg and placed it over the video. I used the Gaussian blur to make the background look out of focus.

I hate to ask dumb questions... but sometimes I just feel dumb!! I get it up until you place the .psd file over the video.

Is the inserted .psd file the same width, but a smaller pixel dimension in height than the video? That is, your .psd only shows on the upper portion while your boat still floats along the lower section. It seems it must be, or else the video could not be seen if the still shot was full size on a layer above it.

I remember reading this a while back and have been pondering if it could be a way to remove Phantom propellers using software.

(Great fun with the video, BTW!)
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:30 am

Paz, I exported a screen capture as a jpeg (1920x1080). I opened that jpeg up in Photoshop and erased the portion of the jpeg image that would contain the moving video (this portion will be transparent). I saved the jpeg image as a PSD file. I imported the PSD into premiere and placed the PSD on top of the timeline (kind of like a mask or a matte).

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby _Paz_ » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:23 pm

Yes, of course. Same image dimensions. Erased area saved as jpeg with transparency retained, so the new background image can be solid where ever needed.

A simple, ingenious solution!

thanks, Sidd!
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:19 pm

:)

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to GoPro Cameras