They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

How to save project segments to use in a final project.

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 12.

How to save project segments to use in a final project.

Postby robbie410 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:36 am

I am not sure if I am correctly joining project segments for use in a final project, or whether there is a way to import the segment Pre files.
Currently I work with approximately 10 minute segments to edit, correct and add titles. When these files are complete I save them as .pre and then as .mov. For the final project I cannot import the pre files so I use the latest saved .mov file. Is this the only way to rejoin a project, previously broken up into segments, to complete final project or is there a way around using the .pre files with access to the base files created.
I know I have touched on this before but it seems a lot of saving project segments in various file types.
Robbie
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to save project segments to use in a final project.

Postby Bob » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:47 pm

...When these files are complete I save them as .pre and then as .mov.

As mentioned in your previous topic, Premiere Elements does not have the ability to import one project into another. The only way to combine your separate segments is to import the .mov files you created into your final project.

I'm not sure what you mean by saving them as ".pre". Are you creating an additional copy of the project file or are you simply using "File > Save" to save your changes. Using "Save" updates your project file to include the changes you made, but does not create a separate new project file.

You should keep your project files until you are sure you won't need to make further changes. After you've completed your final project, you can delete them or archive them as you see fit.
Bob

Re: How to save project segments to use in a final project.

Postby robbie410 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:05 pm

Thanks Bob, yes I only save .pre files to enable me to make changes if the combined final project, using combined .mov files, needs further editing. The pre files have all details as they were built eg Changing just the titles or reducing clips, which are not so easy to the created mov final.
Being lazy I find the saving each time, sure not necessary, time consuming and rather labouring.
Thanks though for confirming that you can only combine segments used by doing so with the mov's
Thanks

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
robbie410
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to PRE Version 12