They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Moving Files Between Programs

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Moving Files Between Programs

Postby _Paz_ » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:20 pm

Do I remember reading that Premiere Elements files won't open in Premiere Pro?

(I've been running search but either I dreamed it or I'm not using the correct search terms.)

thanks,

Paz
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Moving Files Between Programs

Postby Bob » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:10 pm

If you are asking about the video files exported from Premiere Elements, yes, Premiere Pro will import them. If you are asking about opening Premiere Elements project files in Premiere Pro, it depends. Premiere Pro will open some versions of Premiere Elements project files, but not all. You can try it with your .prel files and see what it does. If it does open them, it will create a new Premiere Pro project file and not change the .prel file. Be aware that Premiere Pro does not have the same plugins and effects that Premiere Elements has, so not everything may import into the new project. In general, you should finish a project in the application that you started it in. Premiere Elements will not open Premiere Pro project files.
Bob

Re: Moving Files Between Programs

Postby _Paz_ » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:31 pm

If you are asking about opening Premiere Elements project files in Premiere Pro, it depends. Premiere Pro will open some versions of Premiere Elements project files, but not all.

Yes, that's what I thought. Thanks so much for verification, Bob!

Paz
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to PRE Version 11