They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Glitch in DVD menu, looping video

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Glitch in DVD menu, looping video

Postby angelah100 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:32 pm

I used the Extreme Sports DVD menu and replaced the default image with an hd motion graphic from this site, a rotating basketball. The clip is 10 sec long so my DVD menu loop is 10 sec. When I burned thedvd however, the clip runs and then there's a second blip of black nothing before it starts looping again. I tried setting the loop shorter (and previewing DVD to see if it still does it). The preview is a bit jerky so it's hard to tell for certain but seems that it is still stopping for a second after each loop. Any suggestions?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
angelah100

Re: Glitch in DVD menu, looping video

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:58 am

I don't know why this is happening, Angela. Every time I've used a looping background, it's looped almost immediately.

I'm not sure which rotating basketball background you used from our site, but the ones I spot-checked don't have any blank frames in them.

Is it at all possible that you've got your menu loop time set to even half a second longer that the background clip? See if shortening your loop time to 9 seconds makes a difference.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Glitch in DVD menu, looping video

Postby angelah100 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:49 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:I don't know why this is happening, Angela. Every time I've used a looping background, it's looped almost immediately.

I'm not sure which rotating basketball background you used from our site, but the ones I spot-checked don't have any blank frames in them.

Is it at all possible that you've got your menu loop time set to even half a second longer that the background clip? See if shortening your loop time to 9 seconds makes a difference.

My gut feel is that is has nothing to do with the basketball background, which I've used successfully before many times before but with previous versions of PE. In fact, my 11 yr old daughter used it on her first video just last week, using PE9, and it worked fine. I upgraded to PE11 and am thinking it has something to do with PE11 and/or the way my computer is generating the video file. Will experiment more today with the loop times. I also see that there's a new basketball DVD menu template so I might just use that instead. Thanks for your prompt answer!
angelah100

Return to PRE Version 11