They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Before I purchase PE11

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Before I purchase PE11

Postby William Tranter » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:26 am

I may (only MAY at the moment!) buy a copy of PE11 as well as a 64-bit Windows 7 (or is 8 better? I don't have touch screen monitoirs!), but first there are a few things I need to know:
(1) Can I output the finished project as an AVI? I realise that tape isn't supported any more, but I want to save my projects as Standard Def. on tape, and if I can output my project as an AVI, I can then input it into PE1 and then to tape, like RJ Johnson has done (see Older Versions of PE topics)
(2) Can I spread my 'desktop' out over two monitors to give me lots of room? - I can do that in PE1 but not in PE7.
(3) can I have all my video tracks together, and associated audio tracks together like in PE1, or are they 'undetachable' like in PE7?
I'm asking these questions because, although PE1 is 'out of the Ark', it was, indeed IS, still easiest and simplest to use, especially when you have lots of video (one title I did used 9 video tracks to make the clip), and five audio tracks (multiple sound effects, commentary and 2 music tracks), and PE1 coped admirably.
If I am going to 'upgrade', I want to know just what PE11 can do, and more importantly, how!
All the best,
Bill

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Dell XPS 430 running Win7 Pro 64-bit with 8GB RAM, Sony TRV480E (digital8), Sony GVD800 vcr (digital8), Sony HDR-FX7E (HDV, miniDV), and Sony CX730E (AVCHD).
William Tranter
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Before I purchase PE11

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:35 am

Version 11 only has one setting for its dual-monitor set-up: This breaks the timeline into a floating window, which you can put on your second monitor. But that's it. You can't break any of its other panels off into floating windows.

You can't re-order the audio and video tracks, so they're paired together. When you add a video track, you get an associated audio track with it.

Yes, you can certainly output a DV-AVI from your project. But you're right: You can't record back to a camcorder from the program.

Meantime, check out my review of version 11 by clicking the Details link on the left side of this page. It tells you about some of the advantages in this latest version. There are also a couple of walk-throughs of its new features on the page.
http://Muvipix.com/pe11.php
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 11