They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Media Pending

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Media Pending

Postby Cyndi25 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:46 pm

I get a mustard colored screen when I load a project.

Eventually it loads but in Expert view there are big holes where video should be. All the video does show up in Quick view.

What do you think is going on?

It's really annoying.
Cyndi25
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Media Pending

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:21 pm

Hi Cyndi, can you tell us what your computer specs are? Hard Drive size, processor, operating system, graphics card, RAM. That would all be very helpful :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Cyndi25 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:24 pm

I have a PC, running Windows 8 but I'm always on the Windows 7 desktop side so it looks like "home" and not the new, weird interface.

As computers go, it's not that new, 2 years old, heading towards 3 - I'm a whole lot older.

It has 16 mg of RAM, and the graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT.

Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @2.67Hz 2.66 GHz, 64 Bit system

I have several hard drives. My main data disk is 1.5TB and I back it up to two 3TB external disks. The program is on my C drive and that's 1TB but it's pretty empty. The only thing on it is programs.

This video was taken from an old VHS tape. The VHS was transferred to a DVD and I took the VOB files and made them into editable MPEGs. I followed directions that I found on the Internet and it worked. I'm good at following directions. I ended up with a file that looked like this:
VTS_01_01.mpeg

I imported that file into Elements and it worked. I was amazed.

Do you think this problem has anything to do with that or would it occur with any MPEG file?

I learned to do video editing using 2 huge VHS machines in an editing bay and it seemed easier than this, not as much fun, but easier.

Thanks for you help.
Cyndi

PS:
Are you aware of how you forum looks on Chrome as compared to Firefox? I'm attaching 2 files. The first one is Firefox, the second is Chrome.

First she asks a question, then she writes a long email, then she complains about how the site looks!

I have a subscription to Lynda.com and Steve's beginner class on Premiere Elements was fantastic. And I have his book...
:-)

firefox.jpg

chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cyndi25
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ron » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:59 am

The second picture (browser), you simply need the flash plugin installed.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:08 am

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say "I imported that file into Elements and it worked. I was amazed." and then "Do you think this problem has anything to do with that or would it occur with any MPEG file?"

Without knowing exactly how you converted the DVD files to an MPEG file or what program you used, it's hard to say if the issue if the file itself.

BTW, you do have the latest version of Quicktime Player, right? That's a program requirement. We also recommend that you manually to go Windows Update and get all of those non-critical updates that don't install automatically. Then, for good measure, go to Disk Cleanup and run it and do a Disk Defragmentation. A two year old computer probably is loaded with junk and fragmentation.

I recommend trying this: Put the DVD in your DVD drive and then use Premiere Elements' Add Media/From PC DVD Drive to rip the files from the disc to your program. That way Premiere Elements convert the file to an MPEG using its own system -- and you know it will be compatible.

It will take a bit for the program to conform the file and its audio, depending on how long the video is. You can watch the progress along the bottom of the program. But be patient. On your machine, it could take a couple minutes.

Once that's done, you should be able to put the video file on your timeline and edit it as you would any other video file.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 11