They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Pan and zoom tool

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Pan and zoom tool

Postby sugarmedic » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:08 pm

I was having a problem with the pan and zoom tool. I am trying to change the grey frame markers position at the bottom to change the timing of the pan. However, every time I attempt to drag the grey markers all that happens is the CTI comes to that area and I am not able to adjust the pan and zoom grey markers. I also noted my time stretch tool does not work in version 11 are these related problems? Thanks, !!
sugarmedic
New User
New User

Re: Pan and zoom tool

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:43 pm

The problems are not related. But I've never heard of Time Stretch not working either. What type of video are you using it on? What model of camcorder did it come from?

Are you using the Pan & Zoom tool on a photo or video? You should be able to move the keyframes you create on a photo.

With video clips you can not move the keyframes in the Pan & Zoom tool. That's a limitation of the tool. However, once you've set up the frames, you can open the Applied Effects for the clip, click on Motion, open the Keyframe Controls timeline and move the keyframes you created in the Pan & Zoom tool there.

Anyway and regardless, welcome to Muvipix!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sugarmedic » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:12 pm

Steve thanks for such a fast response. That answers my pan and zoom question(I'm using video) however the time stretch is still not working. I am using AVCHD and also tried an mpeg just to check and am still not able to time stretch using that tool. I'm using a sony 560 and a panasonic AG-AC90. This feature worked fine for me in elements 9. Thanks again for your speed!!
sugarmedic
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:21 pm

I really don't know enough about what you're doing to say what's going wrong with your Time Stretch. The tool does work fine on both my Mac and PC, so the problem is uniquely yours.

But if you want to describe in detail the steps you're taking and what's not happening, we can help you troubleshoot it.

Be sure to also include information about your operating system and if you have made sure you have the latest version of Quicktime. Also, under the Edit menu, what are listed as your Project Settings?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RJ Johnston » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:11 pm

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I sometimes forget to exit out of preview mode in the Pan and Zoom tool. I then start making adjustments, but they don't work correctly. That's when I realize I'm still in preview mode.

You go into preview mode automatically when you click "Play Output," so you aren't aware that you are in a different mode. To get out of preview mode you can press the Esc key or click the "exit preview" button in the upper right.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sugarmedic » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:46 am

I still can't get the time stretch to work. I used PE 9 and the time stretch worked fine on my computer. I noted that in PE 11 the little diagonal arrows did not display when attempting to stretch the clip left or right. Only the bracket showed up. When I drag the larger or push in smaller the clip does not change. I tried using the tool from the bottom and the right click option as well. I'm using an HP PC: HPE-270f with windows 64 bit home premium OS windows 7 and 8GB ram i7 processor with an ATI radeon HD 5700 graphics card. Do I need to change something in preferences? Thanks again for your help
sugarmedic
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:33 am

It sounds like you're trying to do Time Stretch by dragging on the video file on the timeline. This feature is no longer available in version 11.

In version 11, you apply Time Stretch by manually typing in playback speed or duration in the option panel. Are you able to do that?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sugarmedic » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:39 pm

Steve, again you nailed it. I miss being able to just drag the clip a little longer (a trick I learned in one of your videos). But now I'm able to tweak it out again. Thanks!! I hope they change that back in future editions.
sugarmedic
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:49 pm

Glad we could help, sugar!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 11