They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Where do I find and install Movie Menu templates?

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 11.

Where do I find and install Movie Menu templates?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:52 am

The Mac and the PC version of Premiere Elements use exactly the same template format, so the DVD/BluRay templates we offer on Muvipix.com will work for either version.

To add a template to your Mac version, place the template files in a new folder (named what you'd like the template to be named) in MAC HD/LIBRARY/APPLICATION SUPPORT/ADOBE/PREMIERE ELEMENTS/11.0/ONLINE/DVD TEMPLATES/ALL_LANG/[Category].

To add a template to your PC version, place the template files in a new folder (named what you'd like the template to be named) in C:/PROGRAM DATA/ADOBE/PREMIERE ELEMENTS/11.0/ONLINE/DVD TEMPLATES/ALL_LANG/[Category].

AN IMPORTANT NOTE: Make sure that any templates you save to this ONLINE/DVD TEMPLATES area on either a Mac or a PC include, in the folder, a file called DOWNLOADED.TXT. If your template does not, copy it from the folder of another template that you have downloaded! If this file is not in the folder, the program will try to download another file over it and will erase your new template. (Our newer templates have this file included -- but check to make sure!)

When you next start the program, the new template will show up under the selected category of your DVD/BluRay templates!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Where do I find and install Movie Menu templates?

Postby dmeginniss » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:36 pm

I must be doing something wrong. I created the folder you suggested and called it generic. Then I downloaded 18Scenes_hd and unzipped it in this folder. When I fire up PRE 11 and go to movie menu, the category "Generic" is there, but it appears empty. Did I miss a step?
dmeginniss
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:41 pm

Are you in an HD Premiere Elements 11 project? What project settings are listed under your Edit menu?

Did you remember to include the DOWNLOADED.TXT document in the folder. This is VERY important.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby dmeginniss » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:20 pm

Okay, here's what I had to do to get it to work. After creating the new category folder, I then had to move the zipped folder I downloaded into it and choose "extract all" instead of "extract here." "Extract here" just puts the unzipped files directly into the category folder, which is what I thought I wanted to do, but it doesn't work."Extract all" creates another new folder, which is a subfolder of the category folder. THEN, once the subfolder is created by the extraction process, I had to move the downloaded.txt file that I copied from another downloaded template into that new SUBfolder. When all is said and done, I have C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Premiere Elements\11.0\Online\DVD Templates\All_Lang\Generic\, and within Generic I have a folder called 18Scenes_hd, and within THAT folder I have files called 18Scenes_hd_mm, 18Scenes_hd_sm, and downloaded.txt. That's the only way it works for me!
dmeginniss
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:11 pm

And that's pretty much as it should work.

Glad you got it working!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby wschumac » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:33 pm

Steve:

I am totally confused. I have read and read about the download, extraction and this mysterious "download.txt" file. I cannot locate it anywhere. I downloaded 12-15 .zip files of menus just today from the subscriber downloads at the v3 level (if possible) and in them, there is no download.txt. :conf:

Will the v3 and/or NTSC .zip files work the same or should I have one over the other?

And lastly, when I placed the menu items in the folder sequence of:
...11.0/online/dvd templates/all_lang/<other folder name> in which the folder name was labeled: muvipix and another one called: version 9.

The muvpix folder with the templates never showed up, they a symbol spun around and never did materialize.
The version9 folder says all of the content is not available. With that, can I grab it off of the DVD's of those versions?

I sure would appreciate the help that you always do so well at. :-D

Walt
wschumac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Be sure to watch the free tutorial on installing the Muvipix DVD Menu Templates
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... 17&btn.y=8
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:50 pm

And there is definitely a DOWNLOADED.TXT file included in any template folder you've downloaded, Walt.

Have you enable hidden files in Windows? It's possible that it's a hidden file. But it's definitely there for any version 11 or 12 template you've downloaded.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby videogeorge » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:22 pm

I read in the Help section in PE 11 that you could download templates online from Adobe by right clicking on a template. I did that and a window opened saying "downloading templates" but it went on for 30 minutes. I stopped it but when I tried it again it doesn't work and I can't find any of the templates that may have downloaded. It sounded too easy and good to be true. PE 11 has less DVD templates than PE 7 did. Am I looking in all the wrong places?
videogeorge
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:56 am

Hard to say what's up, george.

What if you just select the DVD template and apply it to your movie? The program should download it automatically.

Have you tried it at different times of the day -- just in case you happened to hit it at a high-traffic time or when the Adobe site is down? If you're signed in to Premiere Elements 11 and you have an always-on internet connection, it shouldn't take even 30 seconds to download a Movie Menu.

You may also want to consider that your antivirus or firewall software may be interferring with your download. Particularly if you are using Norton products.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bs03 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:54 pm

I realize that I am reviving an old thread but I feel that I need to.
Through strange circumstances, I am trying to create a DVD on PE11. The DVD menus are horrible and I found out about your site from another forum. I wanted to try you free templates to see if this is something I am even going to pursue.

I am using Windows8, with nothing hidden, and PE11. I followed the video instructions exactly and ended up with what the video shows but the templates do not open in PE11. This thread speaks of this mysterious "DOWNLOADED.TXT" file. This file is not included with any of the free templates nor does it exist anywhere on my system.
I have search these forums and only find this set of linked threads referencing that one must have it and it is included.

Something here is broken. Your thread does not match the video you reference. If this txt file is so important it should be available, or at the very least tell me what is needed to create the file myself.
I have now spent too much time on something that should have been easy.
bs03
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:11 pm

Have you downloaded any template? Try that first. That menu template will include the Downloaded.txt file -- which IS necessary in order for the templates to work in Premiere Elements 11.

Beyond that, I'm sorry that you've wasted too much time on something that should have been easy. It IS easy. Or should be.

But if you've got any more questions about this, please feel free to start a thread on this forum rather than tagging onto this thread. We'll be glad to help you.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bs03 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:06 pm

All of my DVD Menu Templates folders either have a metadata.xml file or just the template files.
bs03
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:11 pm

As I said, bs, I'm glad to continue this discussion in a new thread. Please don't continue to tag onto this thread.

When you do, please mention if you have downloaded any of the Movie Menu templates. Memory Box from the Memories category, for instance.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 11