They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Camtasia Studio 7 - Editing Audio

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

Camtasia Studio 7 - Editing Audio

Postby eradams » Mon May 10, 2010 12:48 pm

Hi there -

I am evaluating a copy of Camtasia Studio 7 to create an application demo. The video looks great and I recorded three different renditions of the audio so I could pick and choose the best parts. I can put the first audio on the timeline and cut out the chunks I don't like, but can I mute that line while I edit the audio from the second recording?

Let me know - thanks!
Elizabeth
eradams
New User
New User

Re: Camtasia Studio 7 - Editing Audio

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon May 10, 2010 1:44 pm

I haven't taken a look at version 7 yet, still working with 6.
The audio editing in Camtasia leaves a lot to be desired. But it is much better now then version 5 and prior. Still it falls short of Adobe Captivate in the audio editing department. Overall Camtasia is a much better product and I am willing to struggle with the few audio shortcomings.

I don't know any way to mute just one line of audio, sorry. It's all or nothing unless they have made a change in version 7.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby eradams » Mon May 10, 2010 5:05 pm

Thanks for responding. That's what I was afraid of. Do you have any tricks for piecing together multiple audio clips then? The only thing I can think of is to put one clip on and delete the unwanted portions, take off what's left, add the next clip and repeat then put all of the saved pieces back on. Is there anything less awkward or am I missing something?

Thanks!
eradams
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon May 10, 2010 6:52 pm

It's hard to say without knowing how you are doing your recording.
I do mine in one long take, if I make a mistake I just keep on recording.
Then I cut out all of the mistakes during editing and only have one audio clip to worry about.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Video Editors