They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 15 Plus just released

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 15 Plus just released

Postby JohnnyO » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:43 pm

The new version has the following features:
1. Multi-Camera Editing
2. New-re-designed interface
3. Native AVCHD editing
4. Travel Route Animation
5. Burn movies to Blue-ray disc

Introductory price is $79.99. $69.99 if you are upgrading from a previous release.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 15 Plus just released

Postby Ken Jarstad » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:02 pm

I wonder if it still supports VirtualDub filters like 14 Plus did?
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Linux Kubuntu 20.04, DIY ASRock MB, Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GT-710 GPU, 250 GB NVMe, edit primarily with Shotcut
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby JohnnyO » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:12 pm

I wonder if it still supports VirtualDub filters like 14 Plus did?

I downloaded the trial. I believe it still supports the Virtual Dub filters.

There is a big improvement with keyframing. You should check out the 3D titles. They are outstanding.

I am not sure the package is worththe upgrade price however. I will evaluate this further.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ken Jarstad » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:48 pm

Johnny, I was tempted to buy 14 Plus because of the VirtualDub support but did not. Now that 15 Plus is out there are a useful number of reviews for v14 on Amazon. The sum of what I got from them was that MEP is a lot more stable than it was for versions 10, 11, 12 but there were still complaints about the interface needing updating. One of the marketing ploys now is that this new version has a new, updated interface. You mentioned specifically the keyframing is improved. This is drawing my interest once again. How long is the demo version good for?
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Linux Kubuntu 20.04, DIY ASRock MB, Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GT-710 GPU, 250 GB NVMe, edit primarily with Shotcut
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:25 am

Usually you get an initial 7 day trial with an extension for 21 more days for a total of 30 days. Sorry I couldn't be more certain because I upgraded without trying it out first.

It does support VirtualDub filters.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Paul LS » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:57 am

Hasn't appeared here in the UK yet. :(
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby JohnnyO » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:32 am

Usually you get an initial 7 day trial with an extension for 21 more days for a total of 30 days

That is still the case.

More onthe interface. The effects and such are much better organized. They shlould be easier to find.

Also, like Premiere Elements, you can now use your mouse to re-size windows, which will automatically resize the other windows.

I want to play around with it a little further.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby JohnnyO » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:48 am

Robert. Since you own the e-version of MAGIX MEP 14 Plus, and have just purchased the e-version of MEP 15 PLUS, I have a concern that maybe you can help me with.

I usually re-install my computer once a year. Last year I did it twice. I do this in order to keep my PC running smoothly.

When you Purchase the e-version, you are sent an activation code. When I pressed on the link to learn more about the e-version, they stated this:

Three free re-activations are permitted after purchase

http://content.magix.net/cms/us/pdf/magix_e-versions_us_sv.pdf

It also states that you may need to re-activate even if you have a hardware change. So I could theoretically replace my video card and need to re-activate.

But if I re-install on my same PC which has the same hardware, I am not clear if I need to re-activate, or if I can just hit the activate button and not worry about using my 3 re-activation quota.

Do you have any insite on this? - Thanks.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby JohnnyO » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:57 am

By the way, the introductory prices are only good through March 19. They really give you a lot of time to think about it.

When I purchased the boxed version of MEP14 PLUS last year, I reveived an introductory price also. This year, the boxed version is not available yet, and will probably not be available until the end of the month or early next month. This is beyond the sale.

You would think in these economic times that MAGIX would be more sympathic of peoples financial situations and not try to pull a gun to their heads and basically say you will only get a discount if you purchase the download version and by the way you have only 1 week to do this.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:31 am

JohnnyO wrote:Robert. Since you own the e-version of MAGIX MEP 14 Plus, and have just purchased the e-version of MEP 15 PLUS, I have a concern that maybe you can help me with.

I usually re-install my computer once a year. Last year I did it twice. I do this in order to keep my PC running smoothly.

When you Purchase the e-version, you are sent an activation code. When I pressed on the link to learn more about the e-version, they stated this:

Three free re-activations are permitted after purchase

http://content.magix.net/cms/us/pdf/magix_e-versions_us_sv.pdf

It also states that you may need to re-activate even if you have a hardware change. So I could theoretically replace my video card and need to re-activate.

But if I re-install on my same PC which has the same hardware, I am not clear if I need to re-activate, or if I can just hit the activate button and not worry about using my 3 re-activation quota.

Do you have any insite on this? - Thanks.

I never had to create a unique computer ID except the very first time I installed MEP 14+. I did a reinstall of Windows XP Pro. And I have uninstalled and reinstalled MEP 14+ numerous times since. I installed it on the same drive. I remember I had installed MEP 14+ on my E drive and wanted the next time to install it on my C drive and was asked to reactivate with a new computer ID. So I uninstalled MEP 14+ from C and installed it on E drive again. That didn't require a new computer ID. No matter what, I've always had to click some button to activate MEP after installing it, and I've done that more than three times, but I've always installed on the same drive.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby JohnnyO » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:42 am

Robert:

then it sounds like if it is installed on the same drive on the same computer, re-activation may not be necessary. That is good information.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby JohnnyO » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:29 am

The D-AVI issue that was present in MEP 14 PLUS, where if you had a DV-AVI starting at time ZERO, and there were no effects applied, the final DVD seems like it would hit a bump every second or so. One of the workarounds in the prior version was to have an effect applied. This workaround still works. I don't know if all the workarounds still work, but my guess is that they do.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby JohnnyO » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:03 am

Robert:
I have two other questions.

I purchased the e-version.
How do I get access to the Bonus material, such as the 3D animation software and the Travel map Animation software? The travel map animation software actually looks pretty cool.

Also, I had an error registering:

Here is the exact text:

Activation was successful, but the program was not registered due to an internal error. Please note that several functions, e.g. online updates, are only available to registered customers.

Within MEP15 Plus, When I go to menu help-> online updates, it does think I need to register. When I try to re-register, I get this error:

The Serial number you entered is invalid.Please make sure you entered it correctly. If the problem persists, please contact MAGIX support. Error code: -14

There is a box to enter an activation code but I was never sent one.

I went online to the online registration site and I see that MEP15 plus is registered. I then tried to get an activation code, but it said my computerID was invalid. (I got the code from the fax registration form).

I believe I cannot re-register from within MEP15+, or even use my ComputerID because that serial number is already registered with my computerID code.

Would you have any idea how to get around this? I did open a ticket with MAGIX, but I thought you may have some thoughts.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:21 pm

JohnnyO, I had the same problem. I'm just waiting for Monday. I even tried to FAX, but there was no answer.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby JohnnyO » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:23 pm

Robert: - you and I are not alone. Looks like there are others who have the same problem. I searched for "activate" oin the knowledge community. Someone else is complaining.
I guess a lot of us are bringing the technical support phone number with us to work on Monday.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Next

Return to Video Editors