They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Video sharing

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

Video sharing

Postby John Callahan » Wed May 21, 2008 11:27 am

Hello,

Looking for idea's to share larger video file's and photo's over the internet similar to the gallery where others can just click and play but with the option to play a larger screen player maintaining quality. I did setup a FTP the problem I'm having is large files time out. My intrest is my own web page to share with specific family members throughout the US.

Do you know a web service that can custom to my wants?
suggestion on FTP service thats works with larger files ?
I know Kodak has a gallery but is limited to video upload.

Thanks John
Windows 7 64 bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Quad Core
2.66 GHz , 8 gig of ram
Two Terabyte hard drives ACPT multiprocessor PC
NVIDIA Geforce 8600 GT , Two Lite-on DVD RW
John Callahan

Re: Video sharing

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed May 21, 2008 3:03 pm

How large are the files John? I can FTP 1gb files to my server without any problems.

Outside of your own web space I don't know how else you would do this. Everyone that allows uploads of video limits them in some way.
If you get your own web space you can do what ever you want to do. Just remember that a video is only so big, if you have a 720 x 480 clip and I go full screen on my computer it will still not look good (1680 x 1050 resolution on my 20" widescreen display), it won't look bad but it won't look as good as it does at 720 x 480. If you are thinking about sharing some Hi Definition video then that is a different story, but if this is all standard definition there isn't much you can do to make the clips look good on a small viewer and full screen too.

If you want to look into your own web space check Yahoo, they do a nice job and give you lots of space and transfers for a reasonable price. I have been with them for years with my chuckengels.com and videoinasnap.com sites, they have served me well.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Video Editors