They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

Re: Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate

Postby Alley » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:18 pm

Studio comments have somewhat died here, so I'll give my 2 cents. I've been using Studio since Version 8. There is something really easy and intuitive about Studio that makes it nice to use. I know it has had unstable versions, particularly 10 but the final 9 Plus and now 11 Ultimate are pretty stable. I am a story teller. And I have all the plugins. It's just so darned easy to make snow fall, or rain or fog....plus i have the Heroglyph plugin (have had since version 1.0) and I can do almost anything with text. Plus Heroglyph is much more than a text editor. Now they have added sound soap (really works for some things) and Vitascene and Moving Picture.

I like using Studio. I like how easy it is to use Smartsound (even though it was dropped but still supported in 11). I wish it had more tracks.

For the record, I have Premiere Elements 3.0 as well.

Now....my sister and I do a business together. She started on Premiere Elements and Studio secondary. She loves Elements and not so happy with Studio. I have seen her work obviously and am impressed at some of the things she has achieved in Elements. Always nice to see what other people can do.

I think they both have a place. I am attempting to learn Elements. I think that both programs can be very useful. I think Elements has some features that Studio does not. It seems reasonably intuitive. I like that it supports .mov which is great for some of the Digital Juice effects, etc. Studio requires the overlays to be .avi. Obviously I love the additional tracks. It also has a free plugin for the smartsound and it supports the Prodad Heroglyph and Adorage effects.

Now, I downloaded a trial of Sony and I was lost. I really could not follow that program at all. I am usually pretty good at figuring out software by just experimenting but that one I just could not figure out. So I deleted it.

And...Pro Show Producer - best money I ever spent. It can't do everything. But a mix of these three programs and I don't think there is much you can't do.
Alley
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Video Editors