They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Preset zip files

Talk about anything here.

Preset zip files

Postby Ric » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:36 pm

I have downloaded some of the preset zip files that Jamel & Beth had offered and I was wondering where do I unzip the file too. Should I unzip like you do for DVD templates? And if so what is the name of the file. Thanks for your help. :oops:
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Wheat King » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:46 pm

Hey Ric,

You should be able to extract them to any folder. To keep organized I put mine in a dedicated folder called Presets. Once they are extracted you can use the Import presets feature in Premiere Elements.

To find import presets go to Effects and Transistion Panel -> Right click -> and select Import Presets.

Let me know if you get it to work :-D
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ric » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:37 pm

Wheat King 2 out of the 4 worked presets worked. The 2 that worked were named Mirror to 90 & Transform Bounce In. The 2 that didn't work were Right Hand Curl & Left Hand Curl. Those last 2 after double clicking opened Premier and a banner came up saying componet missing etc etc. Thanks for your help. That was the first time that I have downloaded preset into Premier. The right click was the answer, thanks again.
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Wheat King » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:47 pm

Ric wrote:The 2 that didn't work were Right Hand Curl & Left Hand Curl. Those last 2 after double clicking opened Premier and a banner came up saying componet missing etc etc.

hmmm do you see the page curl effect (not the preset) in Premiere elements? It's in the GPU effects folder.
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ric » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:05 pm

I not see a GPU effects folder. I put the Mirror & Bounce in my preset folder and I see them. But when I do a search for the Right & Left Curl nothing comes up it can't find them. I first thought they went to a different folder but I don't see them. Did you download the Right & Left zip files?
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Wheat King » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:22 pm

ah. Your graphic card doesn't support the GPU effects only some do. That's why you get an error when you try to use the curl effect. I think there is some info in the FAQ on this. (have a look for GPU)
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ric » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:25 pm

I have been looking around the website and I think the same topic is being talked about. But this is what it says when I try to Import the Right & Left Curl to my presets folder.

Add Media Failure
Error
File format not supported/One of the necessary components may not have been installed.

Not sure what kind of graphics card I have, just what came with my computer I'm sure nothing to special. So they worked for you?

I did not see anything in FAQ about GPU did I miss it somewhere?
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Wheat King » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:47 am

When Premiere elements is loading it checks your graphics card to see if it can support the GPU effects. If the card does not support GPU then you will not see the GPU effects folder. In an earlier post you said you don't see this folder therefore I concluded that your card soen't support the GPU effect and since Beth's presets use the GPU effect (Page Curl) that is why you are getting an error.

I suspect that you will need a new card to make use of presets that use GPU effects or to use GPU effects, but let's make sure...

If you right click on your desktop :arrow: Properties :arrow: Settings tab. You should see something like Display: <Monitor> on <Graphics Card info>
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ric » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:36 am

Wheat King I checked where you said and this is what it says
Intel (R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
I didn't say anything about GPU so I'm sure your right.
Now would it be worth getting a better card or just leave it alone? How expensive or better cards?
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Wheat King » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:55 am

Check this out
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/i ... 938.htm#3d

Here's some specs on the info you gave me from intels website. Unfortunatly, I'm not much of a hard ware guy maybe someelse with more expertise in this area can chime in?
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Wheat King » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:59 am

oh and regarding is it worth it. There are three GPU effects. Page Curl, Ripple and ... I forget the last one. I'm at work today. Plus there are a few GPU transitions. Also I believe that you can get performance on playback (in version 3) if your card has a GPU (Graphics Processing Unit)

I have a midrange card that only cost me around $100 bucks that works for me. (actually it could probably be considered low end by now.... ;)
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:31 pm

If you are using onboard graphics it probably doesn't support GPU.

Do you know if your computer has a PCI Express slot?
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Ric » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:44 pm

Not sure Chuck I have a Gateway computer it is a 507GR Pentium 4 with a processor 530 and it supports hyper threading. Does that help you at all? Are where do I look or how can I find out?
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:12 pm

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Ric » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:51 am

I looked threw all the tabs Chuck and didn't see a PCI slot anywhere. So I would asume I don't have one.
Ric
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Next

Return to Water Cooler