They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

animoto slideshow

Talk about anything here.

animoto slideshow

Postby momoffduty » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:24 am

Interesting slideshow of mosiacs made via the animoto.com site.

http://www.vimeo.com/877792
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Re: animoto slideshow

Postby ed » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:49 am

I've been checking his (chris) slideshows out since he started doing them a month or so ago. Check out his channel on vimeo, http://www.vimeo.com/UsFolk. He hosts a public radio show for folk and americana music in Maine. Really good videos of the inhouse guests.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:47 pm

ed, like the site, thanks. Friends of ours have a family blue grass group. Father and 3 sons. Have to record them sometime. Probably won't turn out too good with my video camera. They play locally around here and enjoy catching their performances. It has been amazing watching them grow over the last 12 years.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Jayell » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:35 am

But you're right, Cheryl .. some interesting effects. Every time I sit down to work on a video, I'm thinking .. OK now which of the 200 ideas I've seen shall I try next?
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:07 pm

jayell, that is the trick...to decide on which one...or in my case to remember which one. I had so much stuff bookmarked that I forgot half of the stuff. The other day went thru and deleted stuff and made a special folder just for video links, another for tutorials, one for free stuff. Most of my projects are for my daughters and they preview and give the effect a thumbs up or down so that does help me decide. Or will show them a video I found and they give me feedback.

Saw a wedding pic slideshow of daughter's friend and was 20 min of pan and zoom with 2 sec/pic. Everyone loved it. I felt a little seasick after about 5 min. Would have cut out some repetitious pics and would have focused on some pics for 5 secs. and slowed the pan/zoom down a notch. What's that saying...sometimes less is more?
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby Doreen L. » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:36 pm

He had some very interesting ideas but I think it's something that has to be in small doses.

My bookmarks have become ridiculous and it's true - sometimes you've got so much, you forget what you have or you can't find something.

I admit I'm a fan of pan and zoom but I think the trick is restraint. I also think it's a good idea to have a still slide every few slides. It gives the eyes a rest.
Dell XPS410 Duo Core, 4GB RAM, 2 360 gig hard drives, 1 500 gig external hard drive
http://tworiversailing.com/
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:23 am

What would be good guidelines for the pan/zoom on pics? The slideshow I mentioned also put a tilt on all of the pics. Thinking about it more, the intent of that slideshow was to use all of the pics from the photographer. Maybe to get photo orders? So that reasons the repetition and the 2 sec/pic.

If you were making a slideshow of wedding pics, wouldn't you want to focus on the best pics and tell the story of the day's events? I can see adding a few effects here and there sparingly so it would not be the same all the way thru. Would like to hear others' formula on pan/zoom/tilt.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby Jayell » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:39 am

momoffduty wrote:What would be good guidelines for the pan/zoom on pics?
I think the only way you can decide has to be a matter of what looks good and provides the message or effect you're looking for. What works in one video may not work in another. You know .. one of those 'it depends' things :-D
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:50 pm

Thanks jayell. The slideshow that made me feel seasick was too fast, too much tilt/pan/zoom. So if the audience looks a tad green then that is too much. Glad there is a gallery here to post videos to get valuable feedback.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Return to Water Cooler