They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Canon video cameras

Talk about anything here.

Canon video cameras

Postby n9jcr » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:53 am

Hello all,

I hope this is the appropriate place for this question: I am trying to decide between a Canon C70 and R5C. I already have an RP but using it for video has some awkward moments, possibly just me, but if I'm going to make an investment I like still being able to use my existing EF and RF lenses rather than a built-in lens in traditional (well older) video cameras. I do want to use it for still photos and of course the video would go into PRE.

Just as an amusing side note, I happened to see what video cameras they were using at some conferences I attended for my day job and a common one was a Canon Digisuper - of course I thought "THAT'S what I need" and looked into it. I suppose I should not have been surprised that those start at over $100,000 but then I realized that's not the camera and all the other paraphernalia you probably need, that's just the lens! Oh well, maybe someday Powerball will come my way.

Thanks!

Bob
n9jcr
New User
New User

Re: Canon video cameras

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:17 pm

I used to be an avid camera nerd. Bought the best Minolta camera I could afford at the time along with a good telephoto and several other lenses. Took thousands of photos. But, guess what. Minolta sold out and that was the end of that line of cameras. Now I use a cell phone and the photos are as good, if not better than those taken with the Minolta. Probably not what you wanted to hear but you may be the last good person to use a real camera. :)
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby ed » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:12 pm

"you may be the last good person to use a real camera"

Making the sign of the cross. You are probably right though TreeTopsRanch.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:44 pm

I just purchased a Canon EOS Rebel T7 not long ago and I love it for video and photography. Also have a Canon XA20 which is a great less expensive low light camcorder. They aren't 4k or better but they get the job done. Only wish I could use it more, if I only had the time and the ambition ....
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:34 am

I just use my phone (Samsung S20 5G) for stills and video these days.

Easy to carry, always with me, image quality good.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:31 pm

Chuck is another 'good person'.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby n9jcr » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:22 pm

Chuck is absolutely a good person, we grew up in the same town :)

In our case we do a lot of sporting events: soccer, lacrosse, etc. with fast moving subjects, lots of zooming in and out, and trying to do it on a smartphone just isn't for us. But I'll admit to perhaps being a dying breed. And I certainly don't need 8K for this either. Does PrE even support 8K?

But thank you all for the feedback, I was hoping someone had some experience with one or the other but I'll take what I can get.

Thanks everyone!

Bob
n9jcr
New User
New User

Return to Water Cooler