They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The Outdoor Boys

Talk about anything here.

The Outdoor Boys

Postby sidd finch » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:36 pm

I really enjoyed the YouTuber Itchy Boots about the adventures of the woman with the motorcycle that I found this guy who does outdoor stuff in Alaska.

Both channels are impressive in that they are all a one person show. I am impressed at how they are able to do and document at the same time.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: The Outdoor Boys

Postby ed » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:56 am

Why would you do that to yourself? I remember in Boy Scouts we did winter camping, it was terrible.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:55 am

Just an update on Itchy Boots. She broke her hand and is out of commission for awhile. She had an accident on a motorcycle rally.

But, I'm with Ed on these people. Are they doing this for money or are their brains wired differently then mine? Anyway, it makes for interesting watching.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:19 am

Are they doing this for money or are their brains wired differently then mine?

What they do is soooo out of my comfort zone. But it amazes me how well they are able to document what they are doing in video. Then editing everything and producing weekly output that is engaging too. Gotta hand it to GoPro for making all that possible. And there are hundreds of these type of channels. I have seen a channel that Power washes driveways and patios, a gut that mows lawns that are overgrown and the funniest (Weird) is a woman who just does house chores like vacuum and dusting.

I'm sure they must get some sponsorship and I would imagine they monetize their channel too. I need to figurer out a way to monetize my dopey videos too... :ha:

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:03 pm

Well this guy ('Outdoor Boys') lost his eye glasses while doing this video so that had to cost him to replace. I wouldn't think his sponsors (if he has any) would pay for those.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:10 pm

Another issue I have with this one...Do you think he has some help? Like when he starts out you see no ski's but later on in the video suddenly he comes up with ski's. The terrain changed so that he could use ski's instead of snow shoes. How about this...he reconnoiters his hiking area during the summer when he can see the lay of the land better. He puts equipment on the trail during summer to use later when he makes the video.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ron » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:29 pm

Interesting.. one of my wonders though:

Batteries.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ed » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:36 am

Yeah Ron, cold weather takes out batteries fast. Any way, very entertaining.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:00 pm

Yes, batteries are a real issue. I am constantly running out of battery juice here at the ranch when I try to photograph/video wildlife. Had some elk come through the property yesterday and battery of my camera ran out just as they came into view. But it is possible that he had extra batteries in his back pack which he drug behind him in that small sled. But ski's? Unless they make folding one's that fold up into one foot lengths, he had to have them hidden somewhere on the trail or someone delivered them to him off camera.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:53 am

But it is possible that he had extra batteries in his back pack which he drug behind him in that small sled.

Not so sure about the ski's but I have seen a lot of these types of channels that they bring battery packs for their gear to recharge. They also keep some extra batteries in their pockets or in their coats to keep the batteries warm. This guy seems to only be using 1 GoPro so a couple of battery packs and keep spares warm I would think they can get through the adventure.

I am also guessing that this is not the first time he is in the area. I bet he has done research and is familiar with what he is getting into. But it is dangerous either way.

Happy to watch on youtube... :TU:

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to Water Cooler