They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2021
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 19
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

A new age of doing things

Talk about anything here.

A new age of doing things

Postby momoffduty » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:58 pm

I had to find a new doctor, the other closed his office near me. Went to the new doc yesterday and they have a web portal. Filled out 6 sheets of info. Got an email to create an account on their portal. I did and noticed someone's face was on my account. Clicked on it and it is my crappy driver's license photo. This is just way too creepy. :ha:
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Re: A new age of doing things

Postby sidd finch » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:41 pm

It is a brave new world out there. I have had on line dr visits already. we have all become the man behind the curtain from the wizard of oz

Sidd
Vivere memento. – 'Remember to live..'
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:59 pm

I had to go in person. 4 chairs in waiting room and at times a few standing at window. I was there about 1 1/2 hours. Woke up with nightmare about being in a crowd. We've been staying in mostly so very strange to see people.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Peru » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:40 pm

I had to have a couple prescriptions renewed and my insurance company required a video and/or phone visit with the doctor. It really was a waste of time as he just read off my chart to me.
Peru

Postby ed » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:57 pm

I'm IT director for a National Science Foundation survey that has been fielded every other year since 1973. This Fall we are doing a pilot for dependent interviewing, were the respondent is shown their past responses and asked to affirm the information. I'm expecting a lot of unkind comments from the respondents about data privacy. That's not even as creepy as your story mom.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:33 pm

Since I am a new patient I had to go in. Going back in Sept and then 6mos after that. Next time I will wait outside the building. Creepy that all my personal info is on the portal.

My neighbor is a child therapist and she has been doing telehealth visits. My daughter works at a children's hospital clinic and they have been doing telehealth and now allowing some to come in to the clinic. But, they are keeping the telehealth for most patients. She and a team spent the first 2 weeks loading all the patient's visits online. Scary that your info is out there.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:11 pm

Did my 6 mo check up at the Doctor last week. Had to wear a mask. Guard took my temp outside of the building. Asked me if I had any weapons. I said yes, my pocket knife to open hay bales for the horses. He said, "give it to me" and he put it in his pocket. When I returned to go home he could not find it at first then went back into the building and came out with it.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:43 am

TreeTopsRanch wrote:Did my 6 mo check up at the Doctor last week. Had to wear a mask. Guard took my temp outside of the building. Asked me if I had any weapons. I said yes, my pocket knife to open hay bales for the horses. He said, "give it to me" and he put it in his pocket. When I returned to go home he could not find it at first then went back into the building and came out with it.

Wow! A rebel! My husband quit carrying his small pocket knife.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby BuddyB » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:21 am

Just wait, we ain't seen nothing yet. I had the fortune of growing up in the late forties to the middle fifties..absolutely great; no tech, just yourself, friends and imagination. And of course this is how we got where we are now..hmmmm.
"Wichitaito-Everything is Everything"
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Water Cooler