They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Firefox Problems

Talk about anything here.

Firefox Problems

Postby Little Nac » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:48 pm

Hi all. Ever since the scare with IE regarding the virus, I have been running Firefox. Lately, I am unable to read PDF Files, and also if a video is on our home page, it tells me it can not play with add blocking software running. I can play videos in YouTube or anywhere else, and the same with PDF, but not in Firefox. I have tried many so called "fixes" from the Internet, but all of them are hopeless. I can play anything in IE. Any suggestions?
Cheers
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Firefox Problems

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:42 pm

Check your Firefox add-ons (under the Tools menu).

Some add-ons are helpful. Some block things you don't want blocked. Some even install themselves without asking to be installed!

Try disabling them all and see if that fixes your problems. Then you can turn them on one at a time until you find the one (or more) that are causing problems.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Little Nac » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:21 pm

Thanks Steve, but all my add-ons are set to "ask to activate", although this morning I could swear that some were turned on. None the wiser!
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:25 am

That's very interesting. Something that must have been introduced in latest version of FF. All my add ons say the same thing ("Ask to activate") but they seem to be activated all the time. So, I guessing that the website program that uses that add on must be activating it automatically.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby BuddyB » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:38 am

Mac, sorry you're having that issue. I use FF solely and on occasion have had some issues. At that point I go to Help and simply reset FF without Add-Ons and it resolves my issue. If this is not working for you then I suppose the only option is to go to Mozilla. Someone there may be able to help resolved the problem.
"Wichitaito-Everything is Everything"
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Water Cooler