They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

How did you get started in video editing?

Talk about anything here.

Re: How did you get started in video editing?

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:29 am

Ron,

17,00 Euro :-)

It increases the view and makes a (not unpleasant) fisheye effect, it does very well its job, which is allowing the photographer to shoot under the sunlight.

This is how it increases the size of the characters ... of the income statement's instructions ](*,)

Francesco
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:09 am

In one word? "Muvipix"

1. Bought PrEl3 to edit old VHS and a dabble in stop-motion.
2. Bought Steve & Chuck's first book.
3. Saw them post on the Adobe forum they were starting Muvipix.
4. Subscribed to Muvipix (would have signed up their first week, but at the time computer illiterate. I had to wait for my daughter to help me with the password and credit card payment.

So I blame it all on Muvipix for my video compulsions....errrrrr...I credit Muvipix for my education and video hobby. :-D
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:26 am

Here's the evolution of my visual storytelling experience -- from Super 8 to a big, bulky 8mm video to Digital8 through two miniDVs to my mighty little AVCHD cam.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:27 am

And here's a side-by-side comparison of one my early camcorders to my current AVCHD.

Can't believe I toted that big camcorder around for so long. Though it was a transistor radio compared to my sister's over-the-shoulder VHS monster!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:41 am

Steve,

my handycam is still my best, faithful friend in shooting.

If I were a journalist, it ("she" in Italian) would be the pen rather the tablet, always in my handbag ready to be witness :-)
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Viewfinder: How did you get started in video editing?

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:43 am

Ron,

I forgot to report the details of the viewfinder:
http://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B009ZCD ... UTF8&psc=1
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby BuddyB » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:59 am

Well now gang, being the sprung chicken that I am, I stumbled into it by happen stance. I saw a deal on Movie Studio 10 and said "Might as well." I installed it, opened, looked, gasped and said, "Argh, this is over my head." That was three to four years prior to my beginning. Well, my precious wife, out of the clear blue sky, volunteered me to an old schoolmate of hers for their 50th anniversary (she thinks I can do anything). So, here I go. Gosh it looked nigh on to impossible, but I struck out and began to tackle the project. Having been a first generation Top40 dj, back in the days of Ampex 350s and transcription discs, four turntables and two minute fifteen second Fats Domino records, all of a sudden my old production thought process began to kick in and I could relate to the project. Once a radio guy, always a radio guy at heart. I was hooked bigtime, and I'm loving it like I've not loved anything (except Bonnie my bride) in a very long time. Being at the age of retirement, whoa just a minute, that should have been years ago, :) I'm beginning to consider it, having encountered medical issues. However, I will never completely retire, it's just not in me. Did I mention that the wonderful folks (family) here have been a boone in my growth to this point. I really still have a long way to go, but you know the old saying, "Onward and upward." After all I'm only twenty five, and as you can tell I've been rode hard and hung up wet. :mrgreen: I've been to a lot of help sites, but you are the greatest, and I'd love meet each and every one of you. I did meet Chuck one time, an extremely pleasant chap, a credit to Muvipix. And our fearless muse Steve is a Godsend. I think I'll quit the name calling and stop while I'm behind. Later gator.
"Wichitaito-Everything is Everything"
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:41 pm

I got started with video editing when I decided to stabilize a lot of vacation video my parents took a decade earlier with my Panasonic VHS camcorder (c. 1990). Not only did the video need stabilizing, but it needed noise reduction and cutting. I tried a lot of video editors, but settled on Adobe Premiere Elements 1.0 because it was the only inexpensive editor that accepted the Steadymove stabilizer plug-in -- $99 for the Premiere Elements version and $499 for the Premiere Pro version. I also used some gadget to transfer the VHS video to computer. Now I remember, Pinnacle Studio gadget.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby pch008 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:57 pm

Like a lot of you, I started out with an 8mm camera and did my little movies... mostly of people disappearing and silly special effects. Eventually got a video camera... a big old RCA with a cable you had to attach to a portable (Ha!) recorder. Eventually got an Amiga computer. It had a paint program that offered 33 colors! Like a big box of crayons! It also had color zero which was transparent. I got a Genlock so I could run video through the Amiga and ad graphics. In order to get color pictures into the Amiga you had to photograph them with a black and white security camera with a red, green and blue color wheel. I took some video of myself up in my back yard in front of a little garden shack and then cut out pictures to go around the shack: [YouTube]http://youtu.be/CfVCWjIhI9w [/YouTube] Eventually Comodore went bankrupt and I moved on to the PC and got Premiere. It seemed very daunting at the time until I stumbled across a site, WrigleyVideo.com where, Kurt Wrigley had put up a bunch of free tutorials for Premiere. Somewhere in there, Adobe put up a one minute contest and I entered with something called "The Antiques Fraud Show". I won a copy of Premiere Elements/Photoshop Elements... I think Version 3. I put it aside thinking of it as an entry level, amateur editing program. Then I had a computer crash and had to get a new computer. It would not allow my version of Premiere so I decided to give Elements a try. Well... with the old Premiere, I would do, oh, say, a 3 minute video, set it to render and then go have dinner and hope it would be finished when I got back. With P Elements, I'd do a 3 minute video, start to get up and find it had rendered in about a minute! Since then, I have been a devoted fan of Premiere Elements and have found it will do anything I can imagine!
pch008

Postby BuddyB » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:59 pm

PCH, funny what you mentioned. My first computer was an Amiga. :mrgreen: And if the Commodore/Amiga head here in the states had not destroyed it, Mac would not be the premier machine and op system. I also loved it because you didn't have to do a shutdown; also the op sys was on a chip and all you did was plug it in and you were good to go. This was in the late eighties when I got involved. At the time some Tv stations were using them for production, not the 500 but the, I think, 1000. What a beginning and a very sad end.
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby pch008 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:24 am

Buddy... I think Commodore's big mistake was trying to market the Amiga as a game platform when it should have been marketed as a graphics platform. I got up as high as the 3000. There was a wonderful little book (can't recall the name) that came on a floppy disk every month. Also, the beautiful Kara Fonts! Ah, nostalgia! :-({|=
pch008

Postby BuddyB » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:03 pm

:mrgreen:
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Previous

Return to Water Cooler