They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Emails from friends

Talk about anything here.

Emails from friends

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:46 am

I am sure that, like me, you have a circle of friends that send joke emails of various types. Some really witty or clever, others perhaps, shall we say, of less dubious credentials.

However, I received this one today which I found to be, quite frankly, amazing and worthy, IMHO, of wider sharing. It is family viewing so no hidden surprises. Please watch to the very end end.

http://www.flixxy.com/the-incredible-po ... G18%0A%20E

Enjoy. :-D
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Re: Emails from friends

Postby momoffduty » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:30 am

Wow, perfect balance. Thanks for sharing. :)
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:02 pm

Slightly off topic but I also have friends that send me jokes, political stuff and other junk. One in particular sends up to 10 emails a day, all forwards from someone else. I just delete all without opening any. Do you have a nice way to tell someone: stop those emails you jerk? :mad:
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:53 pm

TreeTopsRanch wrote:Slightly off topic but I also have friends that send me jokes, political stuff and other junk. One in particular sends up to 10 emails a day, all forwards from someone else. I just delete all without opening any. Do you have a nice way to tell someone: stop those emails you jerk? :mad:

10 a day!!! You don't need a good response to get them to quit, you need a new email address. ;)

I hate the chain ones. I don't respond to them, maybe that is why I have rotten luck? :-k
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Peru » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:43 pm

TreeTopsRanch wrote:Slightly off topic but I also have friends that send me jokes, political stuff and other junk. One in particular sends up to 10 emails a day, all forwards from someone else. I just delete all without opening any. Do you have a nice way to tell someone: stop those emails you jerk? :mad:

You could try forwarding them back to just that one friend, perhaps a couple of dozen times, by accident, of course. :mrgreen: Maybe you'll get removed from his list.
Peru

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:27 pm

I will try that. Much thanks.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:49 pm

Check to see if your email reader allows rules. Thunderbird and Windows Live mail do. If it does, create a rule to recognize the unwanted emails and delete them.

I asked my regular email contacts to not forward these sorts of things to me. All complied except one. He includes the word "FWD" on all these posts, so my rule checks the sender for his email id and if found, checks for "FWD" in the subject line. If both conditions match, it deletes the email. Other emails from this person can get through.
Bob

Postby _Paz_ » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:34 pm

If it does, create a rule to recognize the unwanted emails and delete them.

I use Thunderbird, Bob. Where should I look to set up the 'rules'?

thanks,

paz
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:32 pm

In Thunderbird, rules are called message filters. Check under Tools>message filters. Here's some info http://kb.mozillazine.org/Filters_%28Thunderbird%29.
Bob

Return to Water Cooler