They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Typing Music

Talk about anything here.

Typing Music

Postby _Paz_ » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Typing Music

Love the song and found insight into "how" music can be created by watching this video that Mom posted:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwyR_o-8Rbc[/youtube]

So then, I watched a video on using Mac's "Garage Band" and if it would run on my PC, I'd buy it. Yeah. Fat chance.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv_VWD3rEMw[/youtube]

So, I've been looking for a comparable Windows product. What I especially liked about Garage Band was the ability to use a computer keyboard as if it were a piano keyboard to pick out and play notes, and that they middle computer keys equal white piano keys while the upper layer equal the black keys. Easy to understand and remember.

I'm assuming here - that it would be possible to do the same with the instrument being a guitar, cello, violin, etc. Hope so, anyway.

With that particular feature in mind, does anyone have experience with any of these programs?

Cakewalk Music Creator 6

Acoustica Mixcraft 6

Sony ACID Music Studio 9

MAGIX Music Maker 2013

All of the above are on sale at Amazon right now. I'd like to be able to put together sounds more like a traditional orchestra.

thanks for your thoughts,

Paz
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Typing Music

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:44 pm

They all do a pretty job of knocking off Garage Band, Paz. But I'm personally a big fan of Sony's programs. So I vote for Acid.

Sony also offers fully functional 30-day trials of all of their programs, so you can give it a good test drive, too!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Water Cooler