They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Scanning Questions

User discussion concerning all that's Photoshop Elements (all versions).

Re: Scanning Questions

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:11 pm

I am not sure if the feature was available in version 4 or not.
You can always scan multiples and then crop them out individually, that works better than one at a time too.

There is a free tutorial on this, check it out and see what you think
http://muvipix.com/products.php?subcat_id=44
"ib-Dividing Scanned Photos (PSE7)"

You will see what Johnny was talking about when you watch the tutorial.
If the photos are not separated in some way the program will not see them as separate images.
Sometimes you can get pretty strange results if you don't set up the photos on the scanner correctly.
The tutorial covers all of that.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Barb O » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:29 pm

I was interested in the method johnny O is talking about Re. Multiple Scanning that sounds really good, A couple of questions does it come only with PSE 7 and would you explain what he means by "putting the photos onto the scanner at an angle"

Desmo, I think that you will like this news -
I started up my PSE 4 installation and looked in the Editor workspace. Under the Image menu of the Editor, it does include the choice for "Divide Scanned Photos". So you do already have the Divide Scanned Photos function.

If you look in the PSE 4 Help, there is a topic named "To divide a scanned image containing multiple photos"
This topic shows an example of placing the photos on a scanner at a slight angle. It also says that if your images contain light colors on the edges (like sky or snow) that command works best if you place dark paper behind the images on the scanner.

Hi Chuck - I guess I was starting up my PC to check PSE 4 while you were posting because I did not see your post until after I had posted my response.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby desmo11225 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:18 pm

Hello Chuck
I have just scanned wedding photographs from an album of 6"x4" photographs, 3 at a time and the Epson Perfection 4490 Photo Scanner you recommended seperated and scanned them idividually automatically, all I had to do was rotate the ones that needed it, they are all ready into PE4 for a slide show, what a great idea it's speeded the scanning proccess up no end.
Also I looked at your tutorials, I was very impressed.
Thank You Very Much Indeed

Hello Barb O
Yes, I found the "To devide a scanned image containing multiple photos" in PSE 4, great !!! I printed out the instructions but as you see I did'nt have to use it.
I'm really in business now and will be able to get on and do all I want.
Thank You Once Again it Really is a GREAT SITE
Regards to You Both
Desmo
desmo11225

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:35 pm

Thanks for reporting back Desmo, always glad to hear about a happy ending :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby desmo11225 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:13 pm

Hello Everyone
I have'nt asked any questions for some time, though I do have a look at the site now and again.
My scanning has been going fine and I've quite a few D.V.D.s now of my holidays, I've just bought some very nice C.D.s of Duke Ellington, Woody Herman, Harry James, Benny Goodman, Jimmy and Tommy Dorsey also a C.D.of Australian songs.
I've put all my songs onto iTunes and I'd like to use some of the tracks in my Slide Shows but I do'nt seem to be able to trasfer them to my Adobe PhotoShop Elements 4, I've tried searching for help but have failed so far.
Is there an easy way of doing this, once again I'm looking for help.
Take Care Everyone and have a Nice Summer.
desmo11225
desmo11225

Postby Barb O » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:02 pm

desmo11225 wrote:I've put all my songs onto iTunes and I'd like to use some of the tracks in my Slide Shows but I do'nt seem to be able to trasfer them to my Adobe PhotoShop Elements 4, I've tried searching for help but have failed so far.
Is there an easy way of doing this

Desmo,
I don't use iTunes so I can't give you a complete answer. My initial suggestion is that you start a separate thread in this Photoshop Elements forum because your current thread title is Scanning and your current question is about music and specifically iTunes.

I suggest that you provide this info when you start the new thread :

What is the file format of your iTunes music ? (If it is not a .mp3, you willl probably need to convert to mp3.) Do the music files have DRM controls? (If yes, you can't use a file with DRM controls imbedded in the file for the PSE slideshow).

Do these music files contain any Album Art ? PSE slide shoe editor can not use those as is: I think that you will need to make a new mp3 file without the art.

ADDING ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Here is a link to an Adobe knowledgebase document for PSE versions 3 through 8 that discusses those considerations -
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/332/332125.html
Last edited by Barb O on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add link to article in Adobe knowledgebase
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Previous

Return to Photoshop Elements