They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2019
Not quite sure what our site has to offer?
Check out the
Muvipix Video Tour

The Muvipix Guides to Premiere & Photohsop Elements 2019

Feedback, problems or suggestions related to our entire website.

The Muvipix Guides to Premiere & Photohsop Elements 2019

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:42 am

We're excited to announce the release of the 2019 versions of Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements. And as always, we're celebrating with the release of two brand-new Muvipix.com Guides! New features include:

Premiere Elements:
* A completely revamped Quick View editing workspace -- cleaner and simpler than ever.
* New Guided Edits, including step-by-step instructions for creating a Luma Fade Transition and a Glass Pane highlight.
* Support for video with variable frame rate compression.

Photoshop Elements:
* New Guided Edits, including a step-by-step Meme Creator, Partial Sketch photo effect and a Multi-Photo Text creator.
* A more advanced Photo Collage tool that allows for much more control and customization.
* The Mac version includes support for iPhone High Efficiency Image Form (.heic) photo files.

Both versions include the Elements Hub, a launch screen that includes a search engine for finding help and tutorials as well as an Auto Creation tool which continually gathers your photos and videos into collage, instant movies and slideshows.

For more information, tutorials and screen shots of the new features, see our book promo page:
https://muvipix.com/pe2019.php
3.6 ghz i7-7700 running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit with 16 gigs RAM and a 2 terrabyte HD. Also iMac 2.6 ghz dual-core, 4 gigs of RAM, running OSX El Capitan and Boot Camp Windows 10 64-bit.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: The Muvipix Guides to Premiere & Photohsop Elements 2019

Postby DDW » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:33 pm

PSE19 out already?! I don't want to mess with a new learning curve. Is this a RUSH job that will be full of bugs . . . or is this a 'normal timeline' for new versions of PSE? And on their website they claim this about PSE19: "Faster performance" -- as proven by what?! Thanks.
DDW
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:28 pm

Traditionally, this is the annual release date for the software, so it's certainly not a rush job.
3.6 ghz i7-7700 running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit with 16 gigs RAM and a 2 terrabyte HD. Also iMac 2.6 ghz dual-core, 4 gigs of RAM, running OSX El Capitan and Boot Camp Windows 10 64-bit.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:22 pm

Will there be a new forum for the 2019 Premiere Elements version?
Peru

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:02 pm

Of course!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:36 am

Saw this article by Sean Berry...Editing for variable frame rate sounds like a welcome addition too.

Details for Premiere Elements 2019 and Photoshop Elements 2019 are out and the programs are focused on performance and new ways to help you edit.

To start, Adobe says the 2019 versions focus on “streamlining the apps’ usability” for less wait time. Both Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements can run slowly with larger projects, so it’s nice to hear the apps should run more smoothly. Adobe says there are improvements to both apps’ performance “across the board,” so you should notice a difference.

Also, the apps have new advancements in how they help new users edit and create, including automated collages and new guided edits.

Better Performance “across the board” and HEIF Support
In Premier, downloads and the installation process will be faster according to Adobe and you should notice improvements to the speed of typical video editing tasks. Additionally, Adobe’s added support for variable frame rate (VFR), import and editing of HEIF images on macOS and HEVX video on macOS 10.13 and above.

As for Photoshop, Adobe claims you’ll notice the speed difference in this program, too. Downloads and installation should be faster, and Adobe’s also added support for importing and editing HEIF images on macOS.

Sidd
"Nunc coepi" - Now I begin
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:46 am

In my opinion, words like "speed difference" and "less wait time" are a bit subjective. In my experience, there's not much change in performance compared to version 2018. Though I would like to hear of anyone working with variable frame rate video.

As for HEIF support, that appears to be limited to the Mac version of the program.

But I would very much like to hear from anyone who has noted a significant improvement in performance of any kind in either Premiere Elements or Photoshop Elements.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to muvipix.com Suggestions